This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tyranitar looks nothing like Godzilla. Eevee is a rabbit. Cubone is not a baby

#1JagusPosted 11/20/2013 12:31:25 AM
Kangaskhan.

That is all. Thank you.
---
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge
#2EnferolunosPosted 11/20/2013 12:32:09 AM
Eevee is part rabbit, part other thngs
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Don't start unbelieving! Never do not feel your feelings!
#3AnnfanPosted 11/20/2013 12:35:30 AM(edited)
Green. Looks like a dinosaur/lizard. Is respected and feared by asians. Tyranitar and Godzilla are both all these things.

Azumarill is a rabbit.

A baby Cubone is a baby Cubone.

That is all.
---
3DS FC: 3136-7659-4863
#4FuneralCakePosted 11/20/2013 12:34:41 AM
Cubone is definitely not a baby Kangaskhan. Agreed 100000000% percent.

Tyranitar only very vaguely resembles Godzilla. I don't think Godzilla was the basis or inspiration for Tyranitar at all. Good luck getting that through anyone's skull now, though, since it's one of those things that people pretty much just accept without thinking about.

Eevee has characteristics of a lot of animals, but yes, I can see a rabbit being one of them.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#5SoothesayerPosted 11/20/2013 12:35:43 AM
Isn't Tyranitar just sort of a generic Kaiju?
#6Jagus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2013 12:36:24 AM
Annfan posted...
Green. Looks like a dinosaur/lizard. Is respected and feared by asians. Tyranitar and Godzilla are both all these things.

Azumarill is a rabbit.

A baby Cubone is a baby Cubone.

That is all.

Godzilla is not green. Feraligatr looks more like Godzilla than Tyranitar does. He even has his iconic fin spikes. Tyranitar is just a vague kaiju like Pokemon. He looks no more like Godzilla than Aggron, Rhydon, or Nidoking does.
---
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge
#7tarzanmxPosted 11/20/2013 12:37:07 AM
iirc it was once said they wanted to draw inspiration from domestic animals to make Eevee.
The original Eevee looked too much like a cat, so they added canine and (more than anything) rabbit features into the design to make Eevee look different.
---
Not changing this sig until I have at least one Shiny version of each Eeveelution.
1/9 done.
#8Jagus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2013 12:37:31 AM
FuneralCake posted...
Cubone is definitely not a baby Kangaskhan. Agreed 100000000% percent.

Tyranitar only very vaguely resembles Godzilla. I don't think Godzilla was the basis or inspiration for Tyranitar at all. Good luck getting that through anyone's skull now, though, since it's one of those things that people pretty much just accept without thinking about.

Eevee has characteristics of a lot of animals, but yes, I can see a rabbit being one of them.

Oh my God, thank you so much for being a bastion of region in this horrible world. You have no idea how many doofuses I've come across that just automatically think Tyranitar = Godzilla for some god forsaken reason.

I'm tempted to make a Tyranitar and name it freaking Rodan as an ironic commentary on how people are giving their Tyranitars stupid nicknames.
---
#9SoothesayerPosted 11/20/2013 12:38:29 AM
Admittedly aside from Feraligtr Tyranitar is the closest pokemon to Godzilla. Nothing wrong with drawing the comparison.
#10AnnfanPosted 11/20/2013 12:39:12 AM
In some iterations yes, he is green.

To say they look NOTHING alike is simply false.
---
3DS FC: 3136-7659-4863