This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Those people why use the message box to write Pokemons max IVs on

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Those people why use the message box to write Pokemons max IVs on
3 years ago#1
I like you when you tell the truth.

Just got a Roselia with 5 IVs. I'm happy with it since it gives me a quick boost when trying to breed an army of them.

Considering I only went on the GTS to get any Roselia I could, it was a nice suprise.
Pokemon Y/3DS Friend Code: 1907 - 8799 - 0480 /// Currently: Creating my Team
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrraveygravy/
3 years ago#2
I don't bother with the messages honestly, I put up unoptimal 5IV Pokemon all the time (6IV Rejects). I just feel the dishonesty is so rampant that, that no one will take me seriously.
3797-7121-7439 FC 3DS
3 years ago#3
You mean the pokemon markings to show which stats are perfect? Yeah I do that all the time if a pokemon has 4 or more perfect IVs. I tend to wonder trade away the 4s since they are trash to me. It's very handy when I also receive similar pokemon from wonder trade. Mind you, I'll still go to the IV checker to confirm, but seeing the markings at all is a pretty good indicator that its worth something (at least, if received through wonder trade).
3DS FC: 2423-3095-6556
3 years ago#4
I think he means the message on the GTS like. 5V(incoherent Japanese lies)
3797-7121-7439 FC 3DS
3 years ago#5
BrassBirch posted...

Oh, yeah I don't know if I'd trust those. I've seen japanese dittos nicknamed with any of the letters HABCDS... as far as I can tell, a capital letter means a maxed IV and a lowercase letter may mean a high one. Personally I just feel its a lot easier to mark pokemon to identify max IVs... 6 markings, 6 stats... just made sense.

Haven't dealt with GTS in awhile to remember if you can see markings before trading though.
3DS FC: 2423-3095-6556
3 years ago#6
Yeah, the messages. I appreciate the markings, too, since a lot of the marked Pokemon I've recieved have come out true. Only when all symbols are marked I get them checked ASAP.

But any 31 IV Pokemon are appreciated, I don't expect them. Speeding up breeding is just fantastic.
Pokemon Y/3DS Friend Code: 1907 - 8799 - 0480 /// Currently: Creating my Team
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrraveygravy/
3 years ago#7
MogKnightAzure posted...
BrassBirch posted...

Oh, yeah I don't know if I'd trust those. I've seen japanese dittos nicknamed with any of the letters HABCDS... as far as I can tell, a capital letter means a maxed IV and a lowercase letter may mean a high one. Personally I just feel its a lot easier to mark pokemon to identify max IVs... 6 markings, 6 stats... just made sense.

Haven't dealt with GTS in awhile to remember if you can see markings before trading though.

You can't. Only name. level. gender. Picture. (unless, I'm missing something)?
3797-7121-7439 FC 3DS
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Those people why use the message box to write Pokemons max IVs on

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived