This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think Pokemon who have been made shiny by trade will be banned

#11Destroyer_713Posted 11/20/2013 11:26:35 AM(edited)
RPGgamemaster6 posted...
gummi_expert posted...
An external program only checks the data it doesn't touch the data. Not to mention that'd mean Shiny Haunters cannot be traded as they'd be made shiny by trade when evolving into Gengar. Also Eggs are "unknown" so that'd mean you'd have to ban all trade of eggs as well because this can just happen randomly and unplanned.

So your saying theirs nothing unwarranted about 3rd party programs to give players an edge?

Except that beyond appearance, shinies have absolutely no difference between normal Pokemon, which doesn't give them any sort of an edge at all.
---
*I am not a car*
#12RPGgamemaster6(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2013 11:27:05 AM
Be it cosmetic or not the game does have a economy and shinies are part of it, not to mention the program tells you egg IVs.
---
PSN(Vita) - ChaosX6 | Xbox - Dragonkid6
3DS FC: 5112-3485-8994 [Dragonkid6]
#13-Oath-Posted 11/20/2013 11:29:57 AM
Why do you care? Shiny Pokemon have no advantage over non shiny Pokemon. Why are you complaining?
#14Kromlech06Posted 11/20/2013 11:31:22 AM
-Oath- posted...
Why do you care? Shiny Pokemon have no advantage over non shiny Pokemon. Why are you complaining?

Ultimately? Insecurity. It affects many teenagers and young adults in America today.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
TSV: 466 Shoot me a PM if you have a match.
#15RPGgamemaster6(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2013 11:33:41 AM
How is me saying "they might ban such Pokémon since they destroy the game's economy" equate to me being upset? Kids these days can't read worth a damn.
---
#16RPGgamemaster6(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2013 11:36:51 AM
Let's look at from another angle, for what purpose would GF utilize the information of knowing who the last OT was of [insert Pokémon]? I read an article, and now I'm just making a statement based purely on speculation. It could be nothing or could be big. No way to know till Dec. 25.
---
#17-Oath-Posted 11/20/2013 11:42:38 AM
Kromlech06 posted...
-Oath- posted...

Ultimately? Insecurity. It affects many teenagers and young adults in America today.

It's sad, isn't it? I don't understand why this whole 'cheater' thing exists. We are all working toward a similar goal, aren't we? It's just Pokemon. Can't we just play and have fun?
#18ryudin89Posted 11/20/2013 11:44:17 AM
-Oath- posted...
Kromlech06 posted...
-Oath- posted...

It's sad, isn't it? I don't understand why this whole 'cheater' thing exists. We are all working toward a similar goal, aren't we? It's just Pokemon. Can't we just play and have fun?

No. You have to play their way and do everything they say otherwise you're not having fun correctly.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
3DS Friend Code:3780-9074-3418
#19SaphirahPosted 11/20/2013 11:44:41 AM
So, if a friend randomly wants to gift an egg which just happens to be the shiny value of the receiver, the hatched egg should be banned?
---
3DS FC: 2621 2684 0605
In game name is Scarlett.
#20RatheVPosted 11/20/2013 11:48:12 AM
RPGgamemaster6 posted...
I was reading an article on projectpokemon and I know it's an old post but with the whole SV thing being abused and can only be done by methods an unsupported program I got to thinking.

http://projectpokemon.org/wiki/Pokemon_X/Y_3DS_Structure
In the link above they state what information is stored within each .pkm file and I noticed the part where it says "OT Name traded to (updated every time the owner's OT changes)". This got me thinking that the last trainer's (or more for all we know) ID will be stored on the Pokémon. Doesn't that mean they can check and then in turn block Pokémon that have been traded to someone to guarantee a shiny hatch? GF obviously looks down on RNG abuse otherwise why destroy the ability to use it in G6? is SV abuse not the same thing?

One, no.

Two, no.

Three, what evidence do you have that GF 'looks down on; RNG abuse?

Four, no.

Five, RNG abuse isn't destroyed in any way. The only difference is that, as a function of being a 3DS game, the code is harder to data mine. GF had 0 part in this, it's a byproduct of being on the 3DS.

Six, no

Seven, RNG abuse is still prevalent, despite the above. The Egg IV trick, for example.

Eight, no