This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wait are using legendaries frowned upon in rating battles?

#11GodTazPosted 11/20/2013 12:34:59 PM(edited)
TropiOUs posted...
TropiOUs posted...
>2013
>kids still complaining about legendaries
I thought this stopped in gen 4.

Forgot to read Yveltal. Good luck finding someone that wants to play against that.

.. Did you just imply that only kids complain about legendaries, and then proceed to complain about Yveltal?

GirlHope posted...
Dedenne will Nuzzle Yveltal to death.

I'd nuzzle your dedenne to death, if you know what I mean. ;)

I don't know what I mean.
---
Everything is only as it is.
#12meestermjPosted 11/20/2013 12:33:31 PM
MM125 posted...
meestermj posted...
Yes, it is looked down on.
In the competitive scene there are "Tiers" of pokemon. The most common is "OU" (Over Used(aka most Commonly used)). Anything too strong to be in OU is considered "Uber" (see: Banned from play in OU).

Most legendaries are considered "Uber". At this point it's an honor system. Most people go in expecting their opponent to use the same rules as them.
You don't HAVE to, it's just good etiquette.

That's not exactly how tiers work.

I mis-read when he said "Rating Battles" I thought it said free battles.
And the most commonly used pokemon are what makes up OU. Anything stronger than OU is Uber. That's kind of exactly how it works.
In free battles you are most definitely going on the honor system. Trusting that your opponent will stay within OU and not crush you with ubers.
---
pokemon White FC: 2022 0983 2469
#13TropiOUsPosted 11/20/2013 12:36:21 PM
meestermj posted...
Yes, it is looked down on.
In the competitive scene there are "Tiers" of pokemon. The most common is "OU" (Over Used(aka most Commonly used)). Anything too strong to be in OU is considered "Uber" (see: Banned from play in OU).

Most box mascots are considered "Uber". At this point it's an honor system. Most people go in expecting their opponent to use the same rules as them.
You don't HAVE to, it's just good etiquette.

fixed
#14TropiOUsPosted 11/20/2013 12:38:49 PM
GodTaz posted...
TropiOUs posted...
TropiOUs posted...
>2013
>kids still complaining about legendaries
I thought this stopped in gen 4.

Forgot to read Yveltal. Good luck finding someone that wants to play against that.

.. Did you just imply that only kids complain about legendaries, and then proceed to complain about Yveltal?

GirlHope posted...
Dedenne will Nuzzle Yveltal to death.

I'd nuzzle your dedenne to death, if you know what I mean. ;)

I don't know what I mean.

Yveltal is actually broken like most of the box mascot mons. Things like Articuno, Regirock, and Entei are not.
#15MM125Posted 11/20/2013 12:48:05 PM
meestermj posted...
I mis-read when he said "Rating Battles" I thought it said free battles.
And the most commonly used pokemon are what makes up OU. Anything stronger than OU is Uber. That's kind of exactly how it works.
In free battles you are most definitely going on the honor system. Trusting that your opponent will stay within OU and not crush you with ubers.

I meant the honour system. There's no honour system in free battles. It's a free battle, as in you're free to use whatever you want. I can't expect my opponents to acknowledge a fanmade tier system, and neither should my opponents expect that of me. If I go to a forum and say "Hey guys, anyone up for a UU battle?" I expect my opponent to follow UU rules, but I don't expect that in free battles.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#16AuraWielderPosted 11/20/2013 12:48:30 PM
Not all legendaries are banned in rating battles. The really OP ones, such as Mewtwo, Arceus, Kyogre, Yveltal... those kinds are banned.
Less powerful Legendaries, such as Heatran, the Legendary Beasts, or Latios and Latias (w/o Soul Dew), are not banned.
---
I'm a Christian, and proud of it.
Founder of the deviantArt Noivern Fan Club! http://noivern-fan-club.deviantart.com/
#17el_tercer_poderPosted 11/20/2013 12:50:41 PM
AuraWielder posted...
Not all legendaries are banned in rating battles. The really OP ones, such as Mewtwo, Arceus, Kyogre, Yveltal... those kinds are banned.
Less powerful Legendaries, such as Heatran, the Legendary Beasts, or Latios and Latias (w/o Soul Dew), are not banned.

This.

And to expand on it, Mythical Pokemon (such as Mew or Victini) are banned from rating battles as well.
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
#18MM125Posted 11/20/2013 12:54:06 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the full ban list for ratings is:

Mewtwo
Mew
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Celebi
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Reshiram
Zekrom
Kyurem
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
Diancie
Volcanion
Hoopa

---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#19DigitalIncisionPosted 11/20/2013 12:54:28 PM
MM125 posted...
. At this point it's an honor system. Most people go in expecting their opponent to use the same rules as them.

no they don't. most people don't even know what you're talking about. those rules should be for matches you setup with a person beforehand, and nothing else.
---
Digi
Board 8 Late Night Crew [LNC]
#20KeldonisPosted 11/20/2013 12:54:44 PM
Yeah, they're not allowed in rated.

Random Free Battle is just that, anything goes.

However, it is pretty cheap using all legends (Mega Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal) etc, which I've faced more than a few times. 780 BST on Mega Mewtwo is insane, and I really can't see how people using it don't feel at least somewhat cheap/unfair, especially if your opponent isn't using any.

Then again I don't think anyone really cares about being "cheap." If it's allowed, they'll use it to win. (Same goes for Evasion abuse/Double Teammers/Minimizers etc.)

I faced a guy once with 3 Minimizers on his team, I was like "Common man..."

Also the abundant amount of Rage Quitters/DC'ers are rampant on Free Battle. (Had 4 guys RQ on me last night against my Avalugg/Mega Absol of all things)....LoL.

Stick to Rated. At least there people don't really DC and if they do it's still updated as a Win, and they still get the loss.
---
3DS FC: 1977-1571-8378