This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why people say that Instacheck is cheating and compare it with Pokegen?

#31See3peeohPosted 11/21/2013 7:56:24 AM
^
---
See3peeoh - FC: 4854-6895-1905
Dark Safari - Sneasel, Sableye, Mightyena,
#32ClownRoyalPosted 11/21/2013 8:12:02 AM
It's amazing how delusional people can be. If you cheat the game in any way, you are cheating.

If you use the dupe glitch in Final Fantasy 4 to obtain 99 Excaliburs, you are cheating. If you use the gold dupe glitch in Diablo, you are cheating. If you use the JP glitch in Final Fantasy Tactics, you're cheating. If you discover your secret shiny value and use that to guarantee shiny hatches, you are cheating. Same with abusing RNG to achieve the results you want in any game.

It's cheating whether you use third party software or not. What is wrong with most of you?

That being said, cheat away. I don't feel like it personally affects me at all. Just don't claim you are not cheating when you clearly are.
#33PkmTrainerAbramPosted 11/21/2013 9:17:20 AM
krw703 posted...
gunsndroses posted...
Cheating is defined as gaining an unfair advantage over others.

If you really think this is cheating, grab a dictionary and learn the bloody language.

Instacheck is totally cheating.

It allows you to check the IVs/Nature/Ability/Moves of the Pokemon being traded to you so that you can avoid being scammed out of your Pokemon. It's giving you an advantage over the people trying to cheat you!

Wait...

Because that's the only reason people use it. Wait.

Don't completely ignore the main use it gets in this arguement. Cheating software is cheating software. Like how you didn't qoute MY post though, with the very mention of such programs being included in the definition.
---
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram in Japanese.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki
#34MaruKazeryuPosted 11/21/2013 9:18:35 AM
ecylis posted...
Exploiting methods not built into the game to achieve something that would not be easy to do without exploiting it = cheating

---
4639-9811-6534 -Pokemon X/Y Friend Code. PM if you add. Trainer name: Marii
Friend Safari: Grumpig, Sigilyph, Girafarig
#35BlissedIgnorancPosted 11/21/2013 9:18:48 AM
They're mad their "hard earned" pogeymanz aren't worth as much as they want. 'Nuff said.
---
3DS FC: 3754 7732 9971 Fighting Safari - Meditite, Sawk, Tyrogue
#36PkmTrainerAbramPosted 11/21/2013 9:19:14 AM
ironbru posted...
krystyla posted...
IV checkers are actually not using any info you don't have and after using them you quickly learn to discern IV's themselves. If for instance a stat gains nothing while levelling up it is a very low IV, SpP and SpA have to rise by one each turn while every other stat has to rise by 2 with HP sometimes having to rise by 3

They do actually, things like base stats, the amount of EVs and what type of EVs a pokemon gives when defeated have never been officially released. These 2 things, especially the base stats are required for an IV calculator to even function.

The information an IV calculator needs to work was obtained by hacking the game, so going by the definition of "cheating" others in this topic are using then using an IV calculator is also "cheating".

In reality though an IV calculator and instacheck are not cheating, they are a way to help obtain things in the game easier using information got through data mining without the need to hack the game yourself.

Exactly, they didn't need to hack the game. THEMSELVES. It's still technically cheating. And you know what? I'm still going to continue to use them.
---
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram in Japanese.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki
#37MaruKazeryuPosted 11/21/2013 9:19:45 AM
Safer_777 posted...
So an IV calculator is cheating too. Man Pokemon games don't have any legit players it seems. Amazing!

glad we've straightened things out :)
---
#38Safer_777(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2013 9:46:33 AM
From what I gather no matter what people will defend the not blatant cheating and other people will say that everything is cheating. Makes sense.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#39krw703Posted 11/21/2013 9:53:26 AM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
Because that's the only reason people use it. Wait.

Don't completely ignore the main use it gets in this arguement. Cheating software is cheating software. Like how you didn't qoute MY post though, with the very mention of such programs being included in the definition.

My example, while provided in a very sarcastic tone, doesn't ignore the fact that Instacheck is technically cheating software.
---
PSN/twitchtv: krw703
Pokemon X FC: 2964-8675-9106, Poison: Cascoon, Venomoth, Whirlipede
#40MaruKazeryuPosted 11/21/2013 9:55:57 AM
Safer_777 posted...
From what I gather no matter what people will defend the not blatant cheating and other people will say that everything is cheating. Makes sense.

everything you've provided is cheating. from hacking to instacheck to IV calculators, you're looking at and using data that should not be available to you normally to alter your game to your benefit. that is, by definition, cheating, and trying to defend it just because you have some silly vendetta against people artificially creating pokemon that are visually and statistically indistinguishable from pokemon you've bred and trained yourself is a fallacy
---