This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Smogon's opinion on Mega Gengar.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Smogon's opinion on Mega Gengar.

User Info: spooky96

spooky96
3 years ago#1
Should it be banned from OU? - Results (669 votes)
Yes
29.15% (195 votes)
No
70.85% (474 votes)
This poll is now closed.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gengarite-tiering-discussion-now-with-poll.3493175/
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gengarite-tiering-discussion.3493146/

It's almost a 50-50 split.

A couple of weeks back I made a topic saying Mega Gengar was broken and I got ridiculed for saying so. Looks like this'll be tough for Smogon, to ban it or not.

What's your opinion about Mega Gengar?
I don't really hit anyone unless the need arises. If the need arises, though, I'm not about to hesitate just because they have boobs.

User Info: P0k3m0nWaRR10R8

P0k3m0nWaRR10R8
3 years ago#2
It's pretty strong, but I still don't think it needs to be banned. In fact, I don't think anything besides things like Xerneas and Mewtwo (Maybe Mega Blaziken) needs to be banned until we have the full metagame when Pokebank gets released
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
3DS FC: 3222-6121-8437

User Info: Gogito4

Gogito4
3 years ago#3
Way too many counters to warrant a ban. He's good, yes, but the fact he can't touch Azumarill, gets walled to hell and back by Goodra, Rotom can V Switch out and he has paper thin defenses just makes him not-uber level.
Tales of Xillia... here I come!
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.

User Info: Jaricko

Jaricko
3 years ago#4
Its not bulky enough to ban.
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "

User Info: SazukeEX

SazukeEX
3 years ago#5
Ban that hideous beast!

Ban Kleki too!

And Talonflame!
3DS Friend Code: 3609 - 2155 - 4967
Trainer Name: Rob. Friend Safari - Fighting: Mankey, Throh, and Riolu. PM me if you add me so I can add you.

User Info: Jaricko

Jaricko
3 years ago#6
This is perhaps not the best place to ask. People here tend to be naturally against banning pokemon anyway.. and against smogon.
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "

User Info: IndigoIce

IndigoIce
3 years ago#7
I've never had any problem with mega gengar. ><

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
3 years ago#8
Reading some of those posts, they make some pretty decent points against banning Megengar.
I never thought it would be Uber anyway, but I thought more people would.
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF

User Info: shadothebrain

shadothebrain
3 years ago#9
Jaricko posted...
This is perhaps not the best place to ask. People here tend to be naturally against banning pokemon anyway.. and against smogon.

I don't plan on using their simulators, so I don't plan on following their "bans".
When is it okay to kiss a girl?
a) after her husband's gone? b) after the sore heals? c) after she passes out?

User Info: RatheV

RatheV
3 years ago#10
Jaricko posted...

This. Although, IMO, perish song + shadow tag is hideously broken, and something I'm surprised GF didn't think to stop.

In non-pokebank games, it's fine (not that anyone will be playing those in a month)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Smogon's opinion on Mega Gengar.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived