This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if pokemon bred from Pokebank pokemon don't get the Kalos Native mark?

#1HHDeceptionPosted 11/22/2013 2:34:14 PM
And that's their answer to hacked pokemon. Nothing related to previous games is legal.
---
Sound good?
#2oMaJoJPosted 11/22/2013 2:39:22 PM
Then there's no point to Bank and it gets significantly less sales
---
Once the bad analogies start showing up, I'm out.
#3rapacioushoboPosted 11/22/2013 2:42:44 PM
HHDeception posted...
And that's their answer to hacked pokemon. Nothing related to previous games is legal.

The whole point of the bank is so that we have a reliable way to trade up to the next gen. Making all pokemon from a previous gen illegal kind of Flies in the face of that.
---
i5 3570k | Asrock b75 pro3 |4gb gtx 760 | 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz | Antec 620W | 1 TB HDD | Cooler Master elite 431+
One more drink at the Sunk'n Norwegian
#4Starbound2013Posted 11/22/2013 2:46:51 PM
rapacioushobo posted...
HHDeception posted...

The whole point of the bank is so that we have a reliable way to trade up to the next gen. Making all pokemon from a previous gen illegal kind of Flies in the face of that.

And yet they did it Anyways
---
AC:NL: 5413 - 0144 - 2904
PSN: thund3rkatg6
#5Sloth9230Posted 11/22/2013 2:49:13 PM
Starbound2013 posted...
rapacioushobo posted...
HHDeception posted...

And yet they did it Anyways

No they haven't. So far that only applies to the upcoming tournament.
#6ThatKippPosted 11/22/2013 3:10:55 PM
rapacioushobo posted...
HHDeception posted...

Thing is, it's actually less reliable than any previous transfer system. The Pokemon Bank servers won't be up forever. And what happens when Gen 7 rolls around? Will they drop Gen 6 Pokebank just like they did with the Gen 5 global link?
---
http://i.imgur.com/Upcd7fL.png
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#7Pupu27Posted 11/22/2013 3:52:05 PM
ThatKipp posted...
rapacioushobo posted...
HHDeception posted...

Thing is, it's actually less reliable than any previous transfer system. The Pokemon Bank servers won't be up forever. And what happens when Gen 7 rolls around? Will they drop Gen 6 Pokebank just like they did with the Gen 5 global link?

I doubt that. Nintendo said literally that the bank is here to stay
---
I swear I'm nobody alt.
FC: 1048-8565-3189
#8Lord_XandrosPosted 11/22/2013 3:56:09 PM
ThatKipp posted...
rapacioushobo posted...
HHDeception posted...

I think they're banking on Gen 6+ not being hackable in the sense that people won't be able to easily insert Pokemon they haven't bred, but instead generated using external applications.

So Kalos+ will be fine for future games. We'll see, though. I want to see Game Freak pull this off.
---
Pokemon Y/3DS Friend Code: 1907 - 8799 - 0480 /// Currently: Creating my Team
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrraveygravy/
#9tehkapiPosted 11/22/2013 4:46:27 PM
oMaJoJ posted...
Then there's no point to Bank and it gets significantly less sales

Doubt that.

That would be assuming a large amount of players cheat, which obviously isn't true, or else Game Freak would never bother with tournaments or anything of the sort.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing this happen though. This way, Pokemon can be transferred over for Poke Dex competition, breeding, etc, but still accomplish their goal of not allowing potential hacked Pokemon to participate in competitions. Sure, it hurts everyone, but things have become so much easier in Gen VI that I highly doubt they'd lose soooooooo much money.
---
No, I am not going to run, I am not going to hide, I am going to take a stand and fight!
#TeamChespin FTW!
#10Xenesis XenonPosted 11/22/2013 4:51:02 PM
It seems it wasn't just about hacked pokemon.

Look at it from another perspective: Disallowing any non-Kalos born/encountered pokemon immediately cuts 3 generations of move tutor/tm baggage. So, no Stealth Rock TM, no Follow Me XD Pokemon, etc etc.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.