This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

so we all agree that smogon needs to ban mega gengar and mega kangaskhan. Right?

#131glitchunter75Posted 11/27/2013 8:10:08 AM
Mega Absol can one-shot Mega Gengar with a Sucker Punch.

For that matter, regular Absol can one-shot it with Sucker Punch.

And Khan falls to Aegislash, even with the Scrappy Ability.
---
Law of Cover Legendaries: The cooler the theme, the easier to catch.
Official Shiny Victini of all Pokemon boards.
#132NaughtolPosted 11/27/2013 9:27:02 AM
iKhan88 posted...
Offensive Mega Gengar's not as scary as we thought it was.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gengarite-tiering-discussion-now-with-poll.3493175/page-23#post-5003131

Sp. Def is probably the most commonly high stat out there, and anything with a decent Sp. Atk (above 100), seems to be able to take Mega Gengar's hits, and hit back.

Run some Defense EV's

More than enough of these calcs are fruitless
---
Usopp Hammer! Usopp Hammer! Usopp Hammer! Usopp Hammer!
My 3DS FC: 2552 - 1634 - 4099
#133massifbeefPosted 11/27/2013 9:37:56 AM
Klefki laughs at Mega Gengar. Prankster and Taunt ruin Perish Song and Shadow Tag strategies.
---
My signature? I'd be happy to... NOT TELL YOU!
#134omega bahumatPosted 11/27/2013 6:21:05 PM
Aegisslash can beat gengar. Any Pokemon with access to roar/whirlwind can swap out.

Cloyster pretty much hard counters the perish song version.
#135omega bahumatPosted 11/27/2013 6:23:54 PM
Oh and bugbuzz/infiltrator(noivern)/pixilated hyper voice can hit it as well.

Not saying its bad. But you can counter it (granted pixilated hyper voice and bug buzz are NVE).
#136TheRPGKeyPosted 11/27/2013 6:27:54 PM
PokeMin111 posted...
Applepieman posted...
PokeMin111 posted...
Mega gengar is broken since it wins in 79 out of 99 common match ups in the metagame, and because you can't switch out you can't prepare for it "switch before it evolves" works once. and since gengar is a very usable pokemon on its own you have to predict that it is the mega which on some teams can be a bit challenging.

once it evolves however, every time you get a kill and it comes in, about 80% of the pokemon commonly used in the OU meta are going to be killed.

Only way you could possibly prepare for it is if you have 6 pokemon that all counter mega gengar and that is completely unrealistic.

Mega Gengar is a pushover if you have a STAB Earthquake on your team, bonus points if you have Mold Breaker

>Assuming mold breaker is not easy to pre- oh wait it projects itself.

Also what is using STAB Earthquake and is faster than M-Gengar?
Nothing.

scarf Garchomp(i think). not really a counter more of a check though
---
FC:5241-2190-5871(Safari:Cloyster.Sneasel,Spheal)
#137OsrangerPosted 11/29/2013 10:24:21 AM
massifbeef posted...
Klefki laughs at Mega Gengar. Prankster and Taunt ruin Perish Song and Shadow Tag strategies.

Unless you are encountering one of the many offensive gengars, in which case, your taunt is worthless and you just took a shadow ball to the face and can no longer switch out. You don't know what you are facing until it is too late.
---
Os's SS nuzlocke: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000300-pokemon-emerald-social/67710899
Chico (Chikorita)
#138RX02BansheePosted 11/29/2013 10:26:39 AM
alex1_2_3_4_5 posted...
Nope, Smogon shouldn't make rash split second decisions.

Say that to Black Kyurem who was banned solely on base stats when even a non-competitive player like myself could see it didn't have any of the moves it needed to be broken in OU and wasn't buffed in the areas Kyurem needed.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.