This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What type of an a****** are you in competitive battling?

#1ThePokeMan98Posted 11/23/2013 1:33:11 PM
So... what kind of a... uh "jerk" are you when it comes to pokemon battles (reaction to crits, losses, victory, etc.) - Results (152 votes)
I store my anger til the end of the match and let it out on my opponent after the battle is over.
1.32% (2 votes)
I continually complain and say such things (including but not limited to) as "wow" or "noob" (especially after a crit).
1.97% (3 votes)
I forfeit mid-battle after saying some clever and/or stupid phrase like "you suck" or "noob".
2.63% (4 votes)
I continually tell my opponent how bad they are after they make clever plays or "cheap" strategies.
1.32% (2 votes)
I blame my loss on a critical hit made sometime in the match and continually tell my opponent he/she was just lucky.
3.95% (6 votes)
I throw offensive racial/sexual/agiest/yo mamma joke comments at my opponent.
5.26% (8 votes)
I don't do any of the said behavior and don't plan on doing so. :)
46.05% (70 votes)
I haven't done any of that, but I have battled/seen someone with said behavior.
31.58% (48 votes)
Other (PLEASE SPECIFY)
5.92% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This may seem like a weird topic and poll but I'm curious to see the variety of jerks in this community. I know not everyone in this community is an "a******", but then, not everyone is a nice guy either. There are various types, with varying amounts of severity. Sometimes, the littlest gestures, even in real life, can rub people the wrong way. For example, someone ahead of you doesn't hold the door open for you, thus letting it shut on your face. The person didn't have to hold the door open, but it would of been a nice gesture and polite. The same goes for saying "GG" or "Good Game" at the end of the battle. It isn't required of anyone, but is a nice thing to do. Some of you may not care or see any importance in that or anything of this, but I just feel that sometimes we all get so distracted by winning and being the best that we forget to show good sportsmanship and have fun. You'd be surprised at how many people don't say "GG" or give any positive feedback at the end of a battle. It's kind of sad. Even I admit that I was sometimes not a good sport or even ended up rage quitting.

I was just inspired to kind of "discuss" this after watching a few videos on youtube. I won't specify any of the videos or give any links because I know I will get my head blown off by the people who don't like the youtuber or don't want me "advertising" the youtuber. Feel free to share any stories you may have from personal experience. I got none.
---
It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents dealt. - Grimsley
#2KIngdomSora50Posted 11/23/2013 1:35:31 PM
Most people on Gfaqs are not competitive battlers
#3Mega_RatPosted 11/23/2013 1:40:21 PM
After a battle I always send a "Nice!"

Even if I was destroyed or I beat them, no reason to be pissy about it. I've lost plenty of times to luck, but hey, a battles a battle. :p
---
http://imgur.com/ExbDPIs <- My name in a game (Mighty Switch Force HD)! :D
3DS FC: 3265-5290-1850
#4Lil_PuddinPosted 11/23/2013 1:41:26 PM
KIngdomSora50 posted...

. . . lolwhat
---
I juss dun understayand.
#5Azure_FlamePosted 11/23/2013 1:42:13 PM
Does paraflinch abuse count as *******ry?
---
"[Gravity Rush] is like losing your virginity; sometimes you won't know what you're doing, it's over way too quick and it's totally amazing!" -CBrate
#6Alexoneill77777Posted 11/23/2013 1:42:30 PM
I'm polite if the other person is. Its true that so many a******* get mad because I get a crit, or that I am using a "cheap" strategy (some guy said am a s*** battler for using and sweeping his crappy team with a breloom lol).
---
FC- 3754 7190 4070
I hate gold watering cans so much you don't even know
#7GolurkcanflyPosted 11/23/2013 1:42:43 PM
I suspect most of the people are lying on the poll.
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
You know why spiders know how to spin webs when they hatch? Because F*** You! That's why.
#8RatheVPosted 11/23/2013 1:42:52 PM
KIngdomSora50 posted...

Yeah, this.
#9JustinTheJaggedPosted 11/23/2013 1:43:20 PM
I don't do any of the specified behavior nor do I plan to, I always act respectfully be it in victory or defeat
---
Gamer for life, 32 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#10The_DragonwPosted 11/23/2013 1:43:41 PM
I don't actually battle myself, but I have seen my fair share of jerks and sportsmanship on other online sites.

Here? I wouldn't really know.
---
3DS FC: 1950 8577 8687- Flying: Swanna, Doduo, Rufflet SV:1496 IGN:Jin Region: UK
The official Super Enraged Shadow Lugia of the Pokemon X/Y boards