This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else feel like Bug type really needs something...more?

#1paiprPosted 11/24/2013 9:48:04 AM
Looking at bug types it just seems like they never really get great moments to shiny.

Sure there are the likes of Scizor, and Heracross. Sure we got 3 Mega bugs. And last gen did give us a few new /bug type combos.

But lets be honest, most bugs are copy pasted versions of eachother from gen to gen. Most bugs are Bug/Flying which really is not a great type combo. And most have not the greatest stats. Add to that gen3 gave us two unique /bug combos, but then evolved them into the aforementioned Bug/Flying combo.

Am I wrong here? Or does it seem like Bug types really need more to shine?
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
fc:0602-6823-9646, SV:932,FS:electric. my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#2Blazekicker27Posted 11/24/2013 9:51:10 AM
I do too. To make things even worse, only one new Bug was introduced this gen, being yet another Bug/Flying type (although at least Vivilion seems good), and Fairy resists Bug.
---
Official Houndoom of the Pokemon XY boards.
http://i.imgur.com/rNgxY.png
#3paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 9:53:28 AM
Vivilion should have been Bug/Fairy. Why give us yet another Bug/Flying type with subpar stats. Oh it has a gimmick that means you have to trade with people from all over the world x16? Strangely enough thats not reason enough for another Bug/Flying with subpar stats.
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
fc:0602-6823-9646, SV:932,FS:electric. my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#4kaizerkoalaPosted 11/24/2013 9:55:10 AM
Volcarona, Scizor, mega pinsir
---
My Nintendo Friend code 0275-7148-1384
For Pokemon Y My safari field is Masquerain, Paras and Vivilion (I know it bad :( )
#5omega bahumatPosted 11/24/2013 9:56:35 AM
What bug needs is an extra coverage.

Remove it's inability to kill ghosts and give it one instead and complete the trifecta of supernatural stuff. While we're at it, give it SE for Faerie, and make Ice resist water, grass and flying give faerie extra SE on something else to compensate (Or don't, it's not like 7 types resist bug or anything so having another outlet is always welcome).

Oh and FFS why give Sylveon Pixilate but not one damned special normal move aside from Hyper Beam. Why not let it learn hyper voice or something.
#6ChronostaticPosted 11/24/2013 9:56:56 AM
paipr posted...
Vivilion should have been Bug/Fairy. Why give us yet another Bug/Flying type with subpar stats. Oh it has a gimmick that means you have to trade with people from all over the world x16? Strangely enough thats not reason enough for another Bug/Flying with subpar stats.

To be fair, Viviion is pretty good, will probably be a solid UU.
---
N2DS FC 4785-5574-6866
Pokemon X IGN: Ema Safari Dark: Pawniard, Crawdaunt, Inkay
#7omega bahumatPosted 11/24/2013 10:01:02 AM
Chronostatic posted...
paipr posted...

To be fair, Viviion is pretty good, will probably be a solid UU.

I thought so too, but after extensive testing I've realized it's speed is too sub-par to outperform anything and it's frail so you either have to run focus sash or choice scarf and heaven forbid something outspeed you naturally or you run into another scarfer and that's to make use of Sleep Powder as it's best move.

It's SA isn't anything to write home about either. It has Bug Buzz, Energy Ball and Hurricane as well as Quiver Dance but it needs QD to become a sweeper and then you don't get good coverage because why aren't you running sleep powder.
#8crunchy612Posted 11/24/2013 10:03:00 AM
Bug got nothing but a truckload of buffs since Gen 4. after 3 gens of being bad jokes, excepting Scizor.

Bug Buzz, XScissor, Bug Bite, Close Combat Hercacross, Yanmega, Volcarona, Galvantula, Leavanny, Scolipede, Vivilion Mega Pinsir, Mega Heracross, Mega Scizor....

Two straight gens of not-useless early insecrs is a godsend.
---
Now playing: Pokemon X
3DS Friend Code, Ice Safari(Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras) - 5300-9651-4414
#9DemiseEndPosted 11/24/2013 10:09:08 AM
Bug is so good they are the first typing who have one of its pokemon outright BANNED from competitive play

And they get buffed further in Gen 4, and gets a second broken member of their group in Gen 5(genesect)

And this is before the fact that they have one of the best move in the game
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#10RisingRubenPosted 11/24/2013 10:10:03 AM
Dont forget genesect.
---
FC: 3840-6554-6138