This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The value of shinies continue to go down >.>

#1Dante2049Posted 11/24/2013 1:13:36 PM
SV crap now cloning -____-

To those who still MM mad respect.
To those who use an outside source, your truly not a pokemon fan. EARN them dont *arms himself with a flame shield* hack them
---
After 5 days,proud owner of a perfect 5 iv female Leafey the Leafeon <3
http://pikachu.elementfx.com
#2Rook_the_RangerPosted 11/24/2013 1:14:38 PM
What there's cloning now? Thanks for letting me know.
---
3DS FC: 3539-9001-1157 Pokemon name: Luxoway
My Shiny value is 210 for anyone with a 210 egg.
#3LexifoxPosted 11/24/2013 1:14:44 PM
I agree with TC.

This is the first time in Pokemon history that we've had a way to generate shiny Pokemon using some kind of outside program, device, exploit, etc., and now the value of a shiny Pokemon will plummet. It's bad enough that this is the first gen that gives us the Masuda Method and possibly the Shiny Charm, but now this?

You know who's really going to suffer the most? All the competitive players who got SUPER lucky and have a team full of shinies with perfect IVs, Hidden Power, etc.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#4KapuxaPosted 11/24/2013 1:14:47 PM
Cloning is a thing now too o.O?...When the hell did that happen?
#5KapuxaPosted 11/24/2013 1:25:34 PM
Just saw a toturial...bye bye legit items, duplicates everywhere =/.
#6GodTazPosted 11/24/2013 1:25:45 PM
Augh! Quick, sell your shiny stocks, before we go bankrupt!

Shinies have been reduced to nothing but recoloured pokemon, an-..! Oh wait, that's all they ever were in the first place.
---
Everything is only as it is.
#7ClassyOldHatPosted 11/24/2013 1:30:24 PM
Kapuxa posted...
Just saw a toturial...bye bye legit items, duplicates everywhere =/.

Yay! No more having to soft reset for multiple exclusive Mega Stones!
---
Pokemon X Grass Safari (Oddish, Sawsbuck, Gogoat) FC: 4124-5539-4848
#8safairyPosted 11/24/2013 5:03:37 PM
Lexifox posted...
I agree with TC.

This is the first time in Pokemon history that we've had a way to generate shiny Pokemon using some kind of outside program, device, exploit, etc., and now the value of a shiny Pokemon will plummet. It's bad enough that this is the first gen that gives us the Masuda Method and possibly the Shiny Charm, but now this?

You know who's really going to suffer the most? All the competitive players who got SUPER lucky and have a team full of shinies with perfect IVs, Hidden Power, etc.

Actually, Masuda Method was in Gen V too as was the shiny charm (which from what I've read isn't even in XY). But yeah, their value will decrease but not as much as some people think. There are still tons of players who don't have a clue what Instacheck is.

GodTaz posted...
Shinies have been reduced to nothing but recoloured pokemon, an-..! Oh wait, that's all they ever were in the first place.

Haha, exactly XD

it's still nice to have an alternate color option though
---
3DS FC: 3153 - 4752 - 9360 (Ricky) Friend Safari: Kirlia, Swirlix, Floette
#9TherianReturnsPosted 11/24/2013 5:05:41 PM
The good news is, all the shiny Pokemon I find are legit. Because I will always play the true Pokemon fan way and NEVER use any of these lazy ideals to get what I want.
---
Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
My Pokemon X/Y chronicles@Photobucket PSS: TR Pokedex (X) 429 / 721 - 60% (Y) 0 / 721 0%
#10FuneralCakePosted 11/24/2013 5:07:26 PM
Shinies were never really valuable.

Why is it that everyone seems to forget GameShark, Action Replay, RNGing, etc. existed and that people used them before gen 6? This isn't new.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |