This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Critical Hits need to go.

#21MegaDuranPosted 11/24/2013 5:04:08 PM
honestly, i too believe the new 6.25% chance to crit without any boosts is too high.
it happens entirely too frequently now and I'm almost tired of losing any of my def tanks constantly to those happy crits.
i'm actually ok with the other crit levels and the 100% chance thing, because boosting crit chance takes work and takes away items, abilities or moves, but the basic crit rate is just too high this gen
---
3DS: 3351-5468-4271 IGN: Benny
#22The Eternal EvilPosted 11/24/2013 5:07:02 PM
Its always been 6.25.
---
One Trainer to rule them all, One Trainer to find them,
One Trainer to catch them all and in the Pokeball bind them. Legend of Legacy.
#23SorrySleepingPosted 11/24/2013 5:08:12 PM(edited)
MegaDuran posted...
honestly, i too believe the new 6.25% chance to crit without any boosts is too high.
it happens entirely too frequently now and I'm almost tired of losing any of my def tanks constantly to those happy crits.
i'm actually ok with the other crit levels and the 100% chance thing, because boosting crit chance takes work and takes away items, abilities or moves, but the basic crit rate is just too high this gen

Base has been 6.25% since Gen II.
Stage II (any non-pokemon specific critical hit item or move) hasn't been changed and is still 12.5%.
---
~{Always Goomy}~
http://i.imgur.com/m0KMWke.gif http://i.imgur.com/DkQGJHS.gif
#24zado19Posted 11/24/2013 5:09:15 PM
so you lost......?
---
FC: 2449-5775-0135 Pokemon IGN: Madness
#25Lil_PuddinPosted 11/24/2013 5:14:28 PM
Exaetellus posted...
Great_Reapette posted...
Exaetellus posted...
SorrowOfAcheron posted...
So if I use the 100% crit method, do I still need to go?
Because that isn't luck.

I don't care about any intentional moves, but critical hits are the only RNG in this game that the player has literally no control over.

Would you rather someone DOES find out how to manipulate the RNG into every hit being a critical and then they keep it for themselves?

Like...hacking? You're strawmanning.

There are now 4 stages for crit rate. If you get to stage 4, you have a 100% chance of hitting critical hits. Only certain Pokemon can abuse this, the "poser child" of the 100% crit rate usage (see: not abuse since it's fairly set up and obtained) being Kingdra.

That's not strawmanning.

Did you forget about that kind of stuff? All that whine you're over-indulging in is starting to make you super drunk and forgetful and stuff :<
---
I juss dun understayand.
#26MegaDuranPosted 11/24/2013 5:17:19 PM
and here i was sure that it was only half till now... i've definitely seen much more crits this gen than any before it though
---
3DS: 3351-5468-4271 IGN: Benny
#27ClownRoyalPosted 11/24/2013 5:29:09 PM
Exaetellus posted...
Because that isn't luck.

I don't care about any intentional moves, but critical hits are the only RNG in this game that the player has literally no control over.

You should research the meaning of the words "literally" and "control", because there are Abilities, Moves, and Items that all affect critical hit chances. If you don't use them to boost your own crit chances or to negate enemy crits, you shouldn't be complaining.
#28BlissedIgnorancPosted 11/24/2013 5:32:29 PM
Almost every video game in the world relies on not only skill, but some sort of luck as well. You're only so good with skill, with luck you're unbeatable. This is how the world works unfortunately.
---
3DS FC: 3754 7732 9971 Fighting Safari - Meditite, Sawk, Tyrogue
#29Ledah999Posted 11/24/2013 5:43:33 PM
Exaetellus posted...
Because that isn't luck.

Did you really just say this? You aren't SUPPOSED to control a RANDOM NUMBER Generator.
---
-R Elite-Alexander/Katherine-R Elite-
Pokemon X/Y Friend Code: 4253-4522-6990
#30Exaetellus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 7:21:52 PM(edited)
Ledah999 posted...
Exaetellus posted...
Because that isn't luck.

Did you really just say this? You aren't SUPPOSED to control a RANDOM NUMBER Generator.

You have intellectual control over using moves that might miss and taking risks, RNG happens as a result of something you have no control over.

I'm saying they should go because they are pointless aspect that awards inferior players with wins because of a force of nature lacking any influence beyond pre-ordained mathematical algorithms.
---
"Pray to your god, open your heart, whatever you do don't be afraid of the dark."
3DS FC:4312 - 9992 - 0441