This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Particular Pokemon wanted

#1Argetlam12Posted 11/25/2013 8:03:24 AM
So I have a growing list of particular Pokemon I want to use in-game, such as all starters from all generations, etc.

I'm not too familiar with how the trading/transfering systems in X/Y work, and generally feel sketchy about doing trading with people I don't know, so I figured I'd buy White/White2/B/B2 and use an Action Replay/Pokegen then transfer to X/Y.

How/when will this be possible via the Bank/Transfer Apps?

Or would it be better/easier to trade instead of using AR/Pg? If I trade, most people are looking for specific Pokemon like I am, and because I'm not far in the game, I don't have spare legendaries, etc. to trade.

Any advice?
---
Dean: "I like him, he says okie dokie."
#2HopesNo1FanPosted 11/25/2013 8:05:17 AM
Argetlam12 posted...
and generally feel sketchy about doing trading with people I don't know

just out of curiosity, but why is that?
---
Pokemon Y FC 3668-8772-1047 IGN: Croix -SV 1839-
(Mankey, Sawk, Breelom) PM ME if you want to be added!
#3adismaltheftPosted 11/25/2013 8:05:34 AM
You can't get starters from Gens 2-5 except for Torchic until Pokebank comes out. Not sure when that is.

But it's pretty easy to get what you want and just breed it from the GTS. Between GTS and Wonder Trade, that's how I got all of my Gen 1 and 6 starters I needed.
---
If I had a million dollars... I'd be rich.
Gamertag: Icecold229
#4DigitalIncisionPosted 11/25/2013 8:05:59 AM
The Pokebank stuff won't be ready until Dec. 27. When that happens, the trade board should see a return to normal, with a rare couple weeks in which it's actually used for trading Pokemon and not FLAWLESS PERFECT IV SHINY monsters. But as it stands right now, using said trade board to get Pokemon you want is hardly a feasible option given the way it currently operates.
---
Digi
Board 8 Late Night Crew [LNC]
#5The_Sol_BladerPosted 11/25/2013 8:06:21 AM
How/when will this be possible via the Bank/Transfer Apps?

December 27th. And there might be a chance some of the pokemon you want are not available without Pokebank yet, such as the majority of the starters so you'll have to wait

And you could learn how to hack properly in the meantime so Pokebank doesn't reject them
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband
#6Argetlam12(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2013 8:15:38 AM
The sketchy feeling comes from not wanting a hacked pokemon that comes from a person I don't know that lives half-way across the world.

I'm not too familiar with the GTS and how it works, so any quick-and-easy explanations would be welcome. Haven't owned a hand-held console or Pokemon game for over a decade so I'm not familiar with a lot of the stuff in X/Y like GTS, PSS, EV/IV Trainer, Amie, etc.

I'm not looking for any particular temperaments, special abilities/skills, IVs, EVs, movesets, Shiny or Not Shiney (prefer non-shiny), Pokerus Infection or Not Pokerus Infection (prefer no infection though admittedly I have no idea what this means or what it does), holding an item/not holding an item. Just looking for bare-bones simple Pokemon, no frills.

I also currently know nothing about Pokegen other than 'it exists' so I'll be digging into that so I can put specific pokemon on my Action Replay to put into White 2 (which I just picked up cheap to get particular Pokemon).
---
Dean: "I like him, he says okie dokie."