This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

can mega kangaskhan do 2x outrage?

#21EnlinoPosted 11/26/2013 9:00:24 AM
Camper116 posted...
AngelicSerenade posted...
Camper116 posted...
Rad_Dudesman posted...
davinthegreat98 posted...
yeah, but do you really want to kill dragons with dragon? you can do that with ice or fairy on another pokemon and leave mega khan with it's god set EQ - Crunch - Dizzy Punch - Power-up punch that gives it like 10 SE's

Why on Earth would you use Dizzy Punch?

1.) STAB
2.) Initial power of 70.
3.) Rate of causing confusion doubles if Mega

The only reason to run Kangaskhan though, is for mega imo. I wouldn't run him without it lol

Return is way better than Dizzy Punch. Hits 50% harder, why do you need to confuse things if you can outright kill them. And +2 Return outright kills most things, even physical walls

Well, if by "way better" you mean 32 more initial power, than you'd be correct. Just over 45 after stab. Really it's user's preference. I like the confusion if I'm resorting to using it. I can see the likeness of that extra power however

Uh, what? Return has 102 base power. With STAB that's 153. Dizzy punch has 70 bp and no STAB. Return will do more damage even if dizzy punch is super effective.
#22Camper116Posted 11/26/2013 9:11:37 AM
@enlino:

Dizzy Punch is normal...

But I see the case your making. Like I said, users preference. That little bit of extra power or the confusion
---
FC: 4184-2667-4722
IGN: Beast Mode TSV: 1386
#23MogKnightAzurePosted 11/26/2013 9:22:08 AM
Pervert_Kuhn posted...
Can you imagine if Kangaskhan got Thunder Wave or Glare? Hell, even Body Slam? It would be the new Togekiss of ParaFlich hax, what with Rock Slide haveing a 2x chance to flinch.

Body Slam is possible through Gen 3 move tutors. So expect it when pokebank hits.
---
3DS FC: 2423-3095-6556
#24Megaman OmegaPosted 11/26/2013 9:28:12 AM
Enlino posted...
Uh, what? Return has 102 base power. With STAB that's 153. Dizzy punch has 70 bp and no STAB. Return will do more damage even if dizzy punch is super effective.

> adding STAB to Return
> not adding STAB to Dizzy Punch
> Claiming that Return hits twice as hard as Dizzy Punch based on this

lol k.
---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1
#25omega bahumatPosted 11/26/2013 9:29:55 AM
Camper116 posted...
@enlino:

Dizzy Punch is normal...

But I see the case your making. Like I said, users preference. That little bit of extra power or the confusion

There is no preference here other than trying to be different.

Return is more effective in every scenarior except against physical walls as it can outright 1HKO 90% of the pokemon roster.
#26EnlinoPosted 11/26/2013 9:31:15 AM
Megaman Omega posted...
Enlino posted...

> adding STAB to Return

lol k.

Hey, it has punch in it's name, it's Game Freak's fault for not making it fighting type!

Seriously though, even with STAB on both of them return does about 1.5 times as much damage as dizzy punch.
#27ZabuzadonoPosted 11/26/2013 9:42:40 AM
Enlino posted...
Megaman Omega posted...
Enlino posted...

> adding STAB to Return

lol k.

Hey, it has punch in it's name, it's Game Freak's fault for not making it fighting type!

Seriously though, even with STAB on both of them return does about 1.5 times as much damage as dizzy punch.

Which he already conceded in his reply to you... He even said it is up to personal preference...
---
3DS FC - 4511-1011-4738
Pokemon X - Friend Safari: Marowak, Phanpy, Gastrodon (Pink)
#28EnlinoPosted 11/26/2013 9:48:22 AM
Zabuzadono posted...
Which he already conceded in his reply to you... He even said it is up to personal preference...

Well, the difference is quite a bit more significant then he presented it. In fact...

0 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Dizzy Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chansey: 699-825 (109 - 128.7%)

-1 0 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chansey: 676-798 (105.4 - 124.4%)

+0 Dizzy punch is only slightly stronger than -1 return.

I don't think taking what is effectively a permanent -1 to your attack is worth a 36% chance to confuse.