This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

All the fuss over shinys ... Pfft

#31Pupu27Posted 11/26/2013 3:33:41 PM
Sephiroth C Ryu posted...
What is this instacheck thing people keep mentioning anyway?

All I've been able to determine from searches (aside from that its some form of verification thing) is that it can be useful for dealing with eggs somehow.

It's the newest evil thing Smogon invented. They maintain a list of all trainer ID who registered with them and they release a tool (instacheck) to check your egg id is equal to one of the trainer ID in the list or not.

If it does you only need to give your egg to that trainer to hatch and it will 100% a shiny pokemon
---
I swear I'm nobody alt.
FC: 1048-8565-3189
#32Silver_EeveePosted 11/26/2013 3:41:45 PM
Pupu27 posted...
Sephiroth C Ryu posted...
What is this instacheck thing people keep mentioning anyway?

All I've been able to determine from searches (aside from that its some form of verification thing) is that it can be useful for dealing with eggs somehow.

It's the newest evil thing Smogon invented. They maintain a list of all trainer ID who registered with them and they release a tool (instacheck) to check your egg id is equal to one of the trainer ID in the list or not.

If it does you only need to give your egg to that trainer to hatch and it will 100% a shiny pokemon

It's only evil if someone misuses it, imo.

Meaning those who are using it to get a whole ton of them and ends up just showing them off in battles, on the GTS, etc. Or those who are traded eggs and end up keeping them for themselves. That kind of thing.
---
3ds code: 0318-7078-4221; Rock (safari): Boldore, Macargo; Mii name: Lucy (after a friend); In game name: Dana -- decided to play as a girl in 3ds and in game.