This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If a Pokemon has an Air Balloon...

#11MM125(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 3:40:10 PM
the_cajun88 posted...
MM125 posted...
playingrobot posted...
No. Imagine then your ballon pops and your pokemon goes straight to the ground and all it's blood splashes all over the place. Not good for a pokemon game.

They let Megazard X in Sky Battles, even though it loses its Flying-type. I don't think balloon popping would be that big a deal.

Isn't that because Charizard itself is allowed? It's a flying type and has to mega evolve to become Charizard X in the first place.

That was my point. That losing Flying-type/Levitate doesn't make a Pokémon fall to the ground and die.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#12kirbydude385Posted 11/26/2013 3:43:16 PM
Pretty much the only determining factor is if the Pokemon is flying in its standard animation. Hence why MegaZard X and Mega Gyarados can participate but Hawlucha can't.
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous
#13playingrobotPosted 11/26/2013 3:51:32 PM
MM125 posted...
the_cajun88 posted...
MM125 posted...
playingrobot posted...
No. Imagine then your ballon pops and your pokemon goes straight to the ground and all it's blood splashes all over the place. Not good for a pokemon game.

They let Megazard X in Sky Battles, even though it loses its Flying-type. I don't think balloon popping would be that big a deal.

Isn't that because Charizard itself is allowed? It's a flying type and has to mega evolve to become Charizard X in the first place.

That was my point. That losing Flying-type/Levitate doesn't make a Pokémon fall to the ground and die.

Yeah, but the pokemon is floating thanks to the ballon, so if the pokemon's ballon pops, it won't be floating anymore, thus falling into the ground.
---
Pokemon X:1263-6784-7845 PM me so I can add you!
#14SazukeEXPosted 11/26/2013 3:56:07 PM
MM125 posted...
the_cajun88 posted...
MM125 posted...
playingrobot posted...

Air Balloon makes them float but doesn't give them Flying Type or the Levitate ability. As Air Balloon isn't registered on the Pokemon into a battle starts while Flying Type and Levitate are always registered upon a Pokemon.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3609 - 2155 - 4967
Trainer Name: Rob. Friend Safari - Fighting: Mankey, Throh, and Riolu. PM me if you add me so I can add you.