This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, actually catching them all.

#1Seifross2010Posted 11/26/2013 2:47:39 PM
Hi everyone,

I recently bought Y and I've been having a blast - It's been a few years since I've really played a Pokemon game, so I'm behind the times a bit (a lot).

I was wondering, with the Wonder Trade, Friend Safaris, etc. - Is it possible to get most pokemon just in X or Y? I'm aware it's very unlikely or difficult, and that there're probably some event pokemon that just aren't floating around, but I'm still curious about it.

Obviously I know that with X and Y you can fill the regional dex, but what about the national dex?

Basically, how many pokemon can you get in just X and Y?
#2OfficeChairPosted 11/26/2013 2:48:57 PM
define "catching them all" first
---
where doing it man
where MAKING THIS HAPPEN
#3TomudallPosted 11/26/2013 2:49:57 PM
Seifross2010 posted...
Hi everyone,

I recently bought Y and I've been having a blast - It's been a few years since I've really played a Pokemon game, so I'm behind the times a bit (a lot).

I was wondering, with the Wonder Trade, Friend Safaris, etc. - Is it possible to get most pokemon just in X or Y? I'm aware it's very unlikely or difficult, and that there're probably some event pokemon that just aren't floating around, but I'm still curious about it.

Obviously I know that with X and Y you can fill the regional dex, but what about the national dex?

I think you can see 603 and catch 596? Before pokebank comes out
---
IGN: Udall
FC: 2423-2815-4889
#4Seifross2010(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 2:50:44 PM
OfficeChair posted...

I have no idea about this, like I said. But I'm assuming it's impossible to literally catch every pokemon without attending real life events and playing each game extensively.

I'm wondering just how close you can get just in X and Y.
#5the_cajun88Posted 11/26/2013 2:51:10 PM
OfficeChair posted...

what else could it mean other that what it says?
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg
#6TomudallPosted 11/26/2013 2:53:24 PM
Seifross2010 posted...
OfficeChair posted...

I have no idea about this, like I said. But I'm assuming it's impossible to literally catch every pokemon without attending real life events and playing each game extensively.

I'm wondering just how close you can get just in X and Y.

So are you including the same pokemon but different events? Ex: regular torchic and speed boost torchic?
---
IGN: Udall
FC: 2423-2815-4889
#7Seifross2010(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 2:53:35 PM
Tomudall posted...
Seifross2010 posted...
Hi everyone,

I think you can see 603 and catch 596? Before pokebank comes out

Ah, okay, thanks. That's good to know!
#8silverwing525Posted 11/26/2013 2:53:35 PM
Seifross2010 posted...
Hi everyone,

There are a lot of pokemon (excluding Legendaries) that are NOT obtainable in just X and Y. So while it is possible to complete the Kalos Pokedex with only either X or Y, it will not be possible to complete the national pokedex until the Poketransfer comes out this December.
---
Let the silver light of Justice fill the world!
Official Lugia of PMD.
#9kirbydude385Posted 11/26/2013 2:54:13 PM
These are the Pokemon you CANNOT get: http://www.serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml

So subtracting those gives you 593 not counting the new event legendaries that aren't available yet. Some of those in that list can be seen in post-game trainer battles, but not caught.
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous