This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Imagine if Mega Blaziken didn't get Speed Boost.

#1ShadowMaster684Posted 11/26/2013 10:19:10 PM
I can just imagine how insane it would be if the thing got No Guard or Rock Head.

Now -that- would be bannable.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0361-6447-6950
#2Gogito4Posted 11/26/2013 10:23:43 PM
How insanely bad.
---
Tales of Xillia... here I come!
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#3Gameandwatch2Posted 11/26/2013 10:29:06 PM
Speed Boost is literally the only thing that's making it relevant because of how mediocre its speed is otherwise.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937
3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Flying Safari: Swanna, Spearow, Doduo)
#4ShadowMaster684(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 10:30:03 PM(edited)
Gogito4 posted...
How insanely bad.

Yeah? Building up speed boosts in the vanilla form and then switching into no-recoil Brave Bird/Flare Blitz or perfect-accuracy Hi Jump Kick is bad?

I suppose I can see the logic in that.

Gameandwatch2 posted...
Speed Boost is literally the only thing that's making it relevant because of how mediocre its speed is otherwise.

You say that as though literally the only available option is to immediately mega on the first turn.
---
#5TickleTubPosted 11/26/2013 10:30:35 PM
Gameandwatch2 posted...

Mega blaziken wouldn't need speed boost though, because regular blaziken already has it and could just boost up and mega.
---
FC: 0774-4706-5561
#6number317Posted 11/26/2013 10:33:05 PM
ShadowMaster684 posted...
Gogito4 posted...
How insanely bad.

Yeah? Building up speed boosts in the vanilla form and then switching into no-recoil Brave Bird/Flare Blitz or perfect-accuracy Hi Jump Kick is bad?

Gameandwatch2 posted...

You say that as though literally the only available option is to immediately mega on the first turn.

Was just about to say this. It's not like regular Blaziken is bad. Just build a couple of speed boosts. Go mega then enjoy no recoil or perfect accurracy attacks.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4484 - 9182 - 7801
Electric Safari (Dedenne, Helioptile, Manectric)
#7RatheVPosted 11/26/2013 10:33:26 PM
Semi-Related: I faked up a MegaYanmega, and I decided to give it tinted lens, figuring you could just speed boost in normal form and mega evolve when ready.

I think it'd be cool. As it is, there are very few reasons not to mega-evolve immediately. Making it a game of timing and prediction would make things much more interesting.

Also, No Guard High Jump Kick?
#8ShadowMaster684(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 10:35:02 PM
RatheV posted...
Semi-Related: I faked up a MegaYanmega, and I decided to give it tinted lens, figuring you could just speed boost in normal form and mega evolve when ready.

I think it'd be cool. As it is, there are very few reasons not to mega-evolve immediately. Making it a game of timing and prediction would make things much more interesting.

Also, No Guard High Jump Kick?

Yeah, the only Pokemon that gets even the slightest benefit from not immediately mega-evolving is probably Gengar, just for the ability to switch into Ground moves.

No Guard for HJK just so it wouldn't miss. Wouldn't help for Protect or Ghost types, but it'd save you from the random 10% chance to bum yourself over.
---
#9TickleTubPosted 11/26/2013 10:35:45 PM
number317 posted...
Gogito4 posted...
How insanely bad.

Gameandwatch2 posted...

Was just about to say this. It's not like regular Blaziken is bad. Just build a couple of speed boosts. Go mega then enjoy no recoil or perfect accurracy attacks.

No regular Blaziken is amazing. Mega blaziken is godly.
---
FC: 0774-4706-5561
#10RatheVPosted 11/26/2013 10:39:38 PM

Yeah, the only Pokemon that gets even the slightest benefit from not immediately mega-evolving is probably Gengar, just for the ability to switch into Ground moves.

Well, there are a few others. MegaMan loves his lightningrod boost before he nerfs your attack stat, and I've won a few double battles against opposing MegaMen because I didn't mega-evolve immediately and soaked up their attacks.

MegaKanga, if you aren't running crunch, can stay normal and put a nice dent into any predicted ghost switch-ins with scappy return.