This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IYO Topic: Hackers in Online Gaming, Pokemon Edition.

#1Vesper238Posted 11/27/2013 11:12:09 AM
After hearing rumors about a possible way to hack Pokemon x and y I wanted to hear opinions about hacking the online competitions in Pokemon.

In my opinion, if you don't wanna take the time working for your team for the right stats, natures, and IVs then dont play the cart games at all, Pokemon Showdown and other Simulators exist for that reason.
---
Shaken, but not Stirred
Alabama Gamer! Roll Tide
#2ForgottenTimePosted 11/27/2013 11:13:44 AM
It's stupid as hell since you have to wait till the last second to pick your move otherwise there's a chance that the other guy is running that battle analyzer program. This is what GameFreak gets for not encrypting their packets.
#3Godly_GoofPosted 11/27/2013 11:15:21 AM
Hacking pokemon to get perfect IVs and Natures without exceeding normal game limitations? Sure why not.

Screening for moves in online battles? Stupid :/
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#4AysanderPosted 11/27/2013 11:16:18 AM
I don't really care too much about people hacking their poke's ivs/evs/natures/etc b/c they're perfectly available, moves is an iffy subject as is Trainer ID.

However that new hack out that basically functions like Psyqualia or the Sharingan? Now that is a bit out of line as it negatively impacts the online community in a far more significant manner.
---
3DSxl FC: 3411-1479-0080
Not changing this signature until I get my Planeptune Action RPG :/
#5adece91Posted 11/27/2013 11:18:53 AM
Aysander posted...
I don't really care too much about people hacking their poke's ivs/evs/natures/etc b/c they're perfectly available, moves is an iffy subject as is Trainer ID.

However that new hack out that basically functions like Psyqualia or the Sharingan? Now that is a bit out of line as it negatively impacts the online community in a far more significant manner.

LMAO never expected someone to compare that thing with a sharingan XD I hope they eventually get blind for abusing their hacking powers..
---
3DS Friend Code: 1461-6251-8873
#6KeeperOfShadowsPosted 11/27/2013 11:22:21 AM
Aysander posted...

As someone who uses Pokegen I agree with this 100%

Making pokemon to skip the tedium of breeding is one thing, but something that pretty much tells you what your opponent is thinking? That's going too far. I'm sure most hackers or people who battle solely on simulators would agree.
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
"Are you angry? Do you hate me?"
#7The_DragonwPosted 11/27/2013 11:24:54 AM
I'm not a competitive player.

But.

I'm fine with the Genning because now getting good Pokemon isn't as awful seeming.
I'm fine with the Shinies. Well, for personal use because it's horribly f***ed up the trading community

I'm not fine with this Battle Analyser BS.
---
3DS FC: 1950 8577 8687- Flying: Swanna, Doduo, Rufflet SV:1496 IGN:Jin Region: UK
The official Super Enraged Shadow Lugia of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#8Vesper238(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 1:16:58 PM
Wholeheartedly I agree on the pokegens, to contradict my previous opinion, as long as the pokemon are within the game's original programming I'm cool with it.

As far as a program allowing you to pretty much know what your opponent is going to do is extremely bad, it's along he llines of aimbots and X-ray came in online play
---
Shaken, but not Stirred
Alabama Gamer! Roll Tide
#9Azure_FlamePosted 11/27/2013 1:19:09 PM(edited)
The showdown argument is completely moot. What if hackers want to play single-player, NOT online, with Pokemon they like but would otherwise be unable to obtain? You have literally no justification for being against that, since they are keeping their activities isolated and CANNOT AFFECT others beyond said others' petty "moral" ****ing contests.
---
"[Gravity Rush] is like losing your virginity; sometimes you won't know what you're doing, it's over way too quick and it's totally amazing!" -CBrate
#10ANoblePosePosted 11/27/2013 1:22:33 PM
Vesper238 posted...
In my opinion, if you don't wanna take the time working for your team for the right stats, natures, and IVs then dont play the cart games at all, Pokemon Showdown and other Simulators exist for that reason.

---
3DS Friend Code: 3153-3632-6532