This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IYO Topic: Hackers in Online Gaming, Pokemon Edition.

#11Vesper238(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 2:24:23 PM
Azure_Flame posted...
The showdown argument is completely moot. What if hackers want to play single-player, NOT online, with Pokemon they like but would otherwise be unable to obtain? You have literally no justification for being against that, since they are keeping their activities isolated and CANNOT AFFECT others beyond said others' petty "moral" ****ing contests.

This topic is about hackers using said pokemon in a online competition, not offline players who only play in single player. So why are you trying to derail this topic?
---
3DS FC: 5413-0222-6739
Friend Safari: Lampent, Phantump and Golurk
#12ANoblePosePosted 11/27/2013 2:25:25 PM
Azure_Flame posted...
The showdown argument is completely moot. What if hackers want to play single-player, NOT online, with Pokemon they like but would otherwise be unable to obtain? You have literally no justification for being against that, since they are keeping their activities isolated and CANNOT AFFECT others beyond said others' petty "moral" ****ing contests.

nobody cares what people do in single player, the OP specifically mentioned hacking online competitions which is obviously what people are talking about when the hacking argument comes up.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3153-3632-6532
#13waterdeepchuPosted 11/27/2013 2:28:31 PM
Does it let you get stats, abilities, moves, etc that are impossible?

If yes, then its messed up. If it can just get you really powerful pokemon that are otherwise fully legitimate, then I don't care.
#14Vesper238(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 8:14:43 PM
Bump for more Opinions :)
---
3DS FC: 5413-0222-6739
Friend Safari: Lampent, Phantump and Golurk
#15Atom72Posted 11/27/2013 8:22:08 PM
adece91 posted...
Aysander posted...
I don't really care too much about people hacking their poke's ivs/evs/natures/etc b/c they're perfectly available, moves is an iffy subject as is Trainer ID.

However that new hack out that basically functions like Psyqualia or the Sharingan? Now that is a bit out of line as it negatively impacts the online community in a far more significant manner.

LMAO never expected someone to compare that thing with a sharingan XD I hope they eventually get blind for abusing their hacking powers..

We can only hope. Black screens.
---
3110 5061 3722
#16MtvnPosted 11/27/2013 8:24:14 PM
waterdeepchu posted...

If yes, then its messed up. If it can just get you really powerful pokemon that are otherwise fully legitimate, then I don't care.

Pokegen makes possible to get impossible stuff BUT nintendo hack checks prevent those from being used online
---
3ds FC 4854-7381-5816
sawsbuck sunkern quilladen please pm me if added
#17MtvnPosted 11/27/2013 8:27:18 PM
Mtvn posted...
waterdeepchu posted...

Pokegen makes possible to get impossible stuff BUT nintendo hack checks prevent those from being used online

Btw pokegen is 5th gen there currently is no way to use it for gen 6 the program in question is ALOT worse than pokegen in 5th gen Imo
---
3ds FC 4854-7381-5816
#18GalapagozPosted 11/27/2013 8:29:38 PM
I could give a F less about pokegen or cloning. This new seeing everything your opponent does/ has ready before hand to counter back accordingly is the type of stuff that pisses me off. Of course there's gonna be some typical hacker who tries to justify this new program.

Just get ready people, the Thread Wars are returning.
---
3DS:0361 6632 9155
#19MtvnPosted 11/27/2013 8:32:29 PM
Galapagoz posted...
I could give a F less about pokegen or cloning. This new seeing everything your opponent does/ has ready before hand to counter back accordingly is the type of stuff that pisses me off. Of course there's gonna be some typical hacker who tries to justify this new program.

Just get ready people, the Thread Wars are returning.

Already saw some guy/girl ( not saying who) attempting to defend it by saying all it does is what a good player should already be able to do
---
3ds FC 4854-7381-5816
#20Golbez-samaPosted 11/27/2013 8:37:16 PM
Vesper238 posted...
After hearing rumors about a possible way to hack Pokemon x and y I wanted to hear opinions about hacking the online competitions in Pokemon.

In my opinion, if you don't wanna take the time working for your team for the right stats, natures, and IVs then dont play the cart games at all, Pokemon Showdown and other Simulators exist for that reason.

I say you can cram that where the sun doesn't shine because it's all just bytes of data at the end of the day. As long as they aren't using something like battle analyzer I could care less personally.