This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trick room snow ideas needed. ( Double battling )

#1JarickoPosted 11/27/2013 2:45:32 PM
I am looking at Mega Abomasnow's stats and I feel like I need to at least try to use it. It looks ideal for a trick room team and would synergize very well with reuniclus as a trick room setup. Other then that though.. honestly not sure what to use.

Abomasnow has 30 speed after it mega evolves, losing 30 for its following turn from its 60 before changing. Once it changes it becomes a lot bulkier and more powerful. Reuniclus acts as the trick room setup and with magic guard, its completely immune to indirect damage such as hail damage. Both pokemon are incredibly slow.

Looking at ice types, the slowest candidates next on the list would be Avalugg and Aurorus and Aurorus whenever it finally gets its HA released will eventually offer another snow warning but alas we have no idea when that will happen. Quite frankly Aurorus sorta synergizes with sand better anyhow due to the special D raise from it but there is the possibility of using it in the event of sand which looking at it still does not seem to stellar since stuff like excadrill or t-tar would just murder it.

Its not as slow as the above options but there is also the hail staple Glaceon. Which is still slow enough to make use of it especially if the enemy team is mostly fast pokemon.

Any ideas?
---
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "
#2TheCoolzPosted 11/27/2013 2:49:22 PM(edited)
Aurorus with Glaciate is pretty strong. Nature Power becomes Tri-Attack which has a chance to inflict, frozen, paralyze, and burn while boosted by 1.3, STAB and Hail.

EDIT : But that is only if you can overcome it's weaknesses. But damage wise, it has potential for sure imo. Definitely not competitive material, but still alright.
---
http://www.playdota.com/img/art/75645/fanart/f1323969016.jpg
Crystal Maiden Fan Club
#3Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 3:04:01 PM
If Hail boosted ice type damage i would be happy to use glaciate. However Blizzard is the optimal choice for damage in double battling for ice type moves. It does a lot of damage, hits 2 targets and has a separate chance each target to freeze. In addition to that, hail makes it 100% accuracy.
---
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "
#4Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 3:06:33 PM
Its a very outlandish idea but i am actually considering Greninja for this team. Macho brace to cut its speed and carry the mat block with blizzard.
---
#5TheCoolzPosted 11/27/2013 3:09:41 PM
Huh...

I could have sworn I saw hail boosting Ice type attacks <_<

I wonder where I got the mistake from.
---
http://www.playdota.com/img/art/75645/fanart/f1323969016.jpg
Crystal Maiden Fan Club
#6Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 3:19:18 PM
TheCoolz posted...
Huh...

I could have sworn I saw hail boosting Ice type attacks <_<

I wonder where I got the mistake from.

Hail is actually the least beneficial of the weather types. It has no damage gain to ice type moves and it does not boost any of the ice type defenses like sand can for rock types special defense.

It basically only deals damage to non ice types, boosts blizzards accuracy and it activates hail abilities.
---
#7Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 3:47:13 PM
Bump
---
#8Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 4:06:06 PM
Thinking for Avalugg, Sassy nature, maybe Assault vest with max special defense investment and the rest mixed evenly between hp and attack which should make it basically...
363 HP
302 attack
404 defense
124 special attack
54 speed

Still not decided on the move pool but thinking Gyro ball, Rock Slide and Ice Fang should be there.

Leaves him pretty damn bulky. Even if he is the worst defensive typing in the game. Ought to count for something.
---