This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dragalge or Noivern?

#1DeimirPosted 11/27/2013 5:42:08 PM
I really like the design and typing of Dragalge, but I'm concerned that it's just too weak compared to other options. Noivern would also fill the Dragon-shaped hole in my team, am I better off just going with one of those?

This is for my personal team to play with friends, so I don't need top-tier competitive material. I just don't want to be crippling myself if I don't have to.
---
"3/20 = 3 * 2 / 10 = 0.6% for people who are bad math." -fan360
#2iRaithYouPosted 11/27/2013 5:42:56 PM
If it just for friends, just go with the one you like more.
---
3DS FC: 0946 3178 1610
Pkmn B2 FC: 0863 1169 6198 - Adeta
#3NessEggmanPosted 11/27/2013 5:47:32 PM
Noivern is not very good in competitive. It looks good on paper, but it's pretty predictable and has plenty of counters/checks. It's very frail, too. It can work on the right team, but if your team isn't already set up to tailor to Noivern, I'm guessing it's not the right team.
---
Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it.
3DSFC: 2750 1911 5515 (Boldore, Barbaracle, Corsola)
#4r3zid3ntxPosted 11/27/2013 5:48:02 PM
I have an EV'd Modest Infiltrator Noivern. It's pretty decent ingame and also Wifi (depends who you're facing).
#5NessEggmanPosted 11/27/2013 5:48:45 PM
And by saying that, I mean Noivern is not even that great in competitive, so you def don't need it to play with friends.

Dragalge isn't bad. I mean, not saying it's particularly good, either, but I seem to have a harder time taking down Dragalge than Noivern, unless I'm running Megachomp.
---
Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it.
#6NessEggmanPosted 11/27/2013 5:51:48 PM
r3zid3ntx posted...
I have an EV'd Modest Infiltrator Noivern. It's pretty decent ingame and also Wifi (depends who you're facing).

Really? I always am relieved to see an opponent Noivern because it's so easy to defeat and can't do much to my team. I happen to have a team full of stuff that resist or ignore all its moves, tho, right now... but even my other teams (like my singles team, which is all bug, so all weak to Noi) I am happy to see it because I can easily take it out lol.
---
#7SorceressTharjaPosted 11/27/2013 5:53:42 PM
Go with Noivern because Dragalge is awful, but I'm really not sure that Noivern is amazing. It isn't as bad as some people here are saying, but...eh. Outclassed by Salamence and Latios, particularly the latter.
#8Steel_ShadowsPosted 11/27/2013 5:56:36 PM(edited)
NessEggman posted...
r3zid3ntx posted...

Really? I always am relieved to see an opponent Noivern because it's so easy to defeat and can't do much to my team. I happen to have a team full of stuff that resist or ignore all its moves, tho, right now... but even my other teams (like my singles team, which is all bug, so all weak to Noi) I am happy to see it because I can easily take it out lol.

Depends. I'd imagine getting hit with one of Noivern's Hurricanes/Flamethrowers wouldn't feel great for your bugs. I run Timid and it's surprising how much of a dent Hurricane leaves. I tend to use Noivern as a suicide attacker. I almost always tend to back it up with specially bulky Mega Scizor and something else.

I also haven't properly put together a team and started playing ranked, though.
---
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.
#9NessEggmanPosted 11/27/2013 5:55:53 PM
SorceressTharja posted...
Go with Noivern because Dragalge is awful, but I'm really not sure that Noivern is amazing. It isn't as bad as some people here are saying, but...eh. Outclassed by Salamence and Latios, particularly the latter.

I'm the only one saying it's bad lol.

I love its design but I think it's so easy to KO with little repercussion.

In Special, I usually KO it with Klefki lol.
---
#10BBA322Posted 11/27/2013 6:00:28 PM
I'd like to think Noivern would suit double battles (possibly triples?) more with its Infiltrator (hit through Substitute and Protect) or Telepathy (avoid damage from partners) ability as well as having access to Tailwind (speed support for team) and Boom Burst (140 BP sound move that hits through substitute and protect) for moves.
---
Also BBA322 on MAL. Have a look at my lists!
http://www.youtube.com/user/BamboozledByAnime