This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have a theory about Deerling...

#1Chips_OutdoorsPosted 11/28/2013 9:54:10 AM
So, as we all know, X and Y seem to have taken out one of the more interesting features of the 5th generation games: seasons. While this mechanic honestly didn't have much to do with the game besides the appearance of a few more Ice types in winter and some cosmetic things, the Pokemon mentioned in the title and its evolution can no longer change and seem to be stuck in the spring form.

Now, as most people have noticed, the order of routes in this game represent the rotation of the seasons. You may think that battling with a Deerling or Sawsbuck on Brun Way might change them to their fall color, but that doesn't work. I even tried hatching several babies all over the region and even they didn't come out any different.

So what is a Deerling lover to do?

Perhaps the answer lies in Pokemon-Amie.

As you know, you play games with your Pokemon for puffs to feed them. When you get better at these games, you progress from the Easy level all the way up to Unlimited. The Unlimited level is rather special in the fact that, if you manage to get 5 stars when you beat a game, you get an opulent seasonal puff. I, like at least a few other people, thought that these puffs are good for nothing more than a big 'ol boost of closeness, but what if these puffs are the key to changing your Deerlings And Sawsbucks? It may be a bit out there, but hey! I'd like to think that they simply gave up on this gimmick Pokemon, especially since it's so cute and (was) at least a little popular. I know you could just transfer one when Poketransfer comes out, but wouldn't that kind screw over people that didn't get in on the 5th gen games? (Or people like me that lost their Black AND Black 2 cartridges?) Again, I have at least a little faith in their accommodations!

So... Has anyone actually tried this or are any of you willing to humor me? I was planing on giving it a go myself, but I've just been so busy lately that I haven't had the time to fuss with getting the darn puffs. (That and I gave away my only Sawsbuck before I came up with this...) The Unlimited games are pretty dang hard which just makes me feel even more strongly about the special quality of the seasonal puffs.
---
Perpetually cold and covered in cats.
#2ssj4warriorPosted 11/28/2013 9:55:18 AM
Deerling tho?
---
Mentions of Cloyster - 522
Number of 56th posts stolen - 142
#3The_DragonwPosted 11/28/2013 9:56:03 AM
ssj4warrior posted...
Deerling tho?

http://imgur.com/jrkFxuP.jpg
---
3DS FC: 1950 8577 8687- Flying: Swanna, Doduo, Rufflet SV:1496 IGN:Jin Region: UK
The official Super Enraged Shadow Lugia of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#4MegaDuranPosted 11/28/2013 9:59:13 AM
pokebank, trading, events (in japan).

thats about what I guess will give us the forms.
---
3DS: 3351-5468-4271 IGN: Benny
#5MarkofWisdomPosted 11/29/2013 7:40:26 PM
The_Dragonw posted...
ssj4warrior posted...
Deerling tho?

http://imgur.com/jrkFxuP.jpg

Lord slug is most displeased.
That picture is utterly hilarious and definitely fits