This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

so the Rating Matches are officially disabled.

#41Stabs2503Posted 11/29/2013 12:47:29 PM
If you gotta hack and cheat to get the "competitive edge" in Pokemon, you gotta be a huge loser.
---
Sent from iPhone PowerFAQs.
#42perfectchaos83Posted 11/29/2013 12:51:19 PM
airshipff posted...
Jaynohva posted...
Let's use my greninja as an example. My greninja has dark pulse, hydropump, extrasensory and grass knot. Once connected to the program, I can resume the battle via pc. Using the program, I could open a list of greninja's moves which I entered into the coding one by one. I placed in U-turn and Ice Beam. I could enter more than that but I didn't because I was just testing it out. From that list of moves, I am able to choose U-turn, for example and actually use it against you even though my greninja doesn't have U-turn.

However, I could only input moves which Greninja can learn. If I were to put in Fire Blast and use that move in our battle, an error will show up disconnecting both of us.

Note: I understand that my explanation in my earlier posts were poor. I could have explained it better but refrained from doing so because I didn't want to put too much 'details' in it.

That's some frightening stuff right there ...

This could be helpful for weeding out egg moves or the like. Granted it may not be useful now, but I'd really just want a confirmation/deconfirmation on Boomburst on Gardy. >_>
---
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/metallic_trance/alucardteatime.png
My Tsundere trio! Courtesy of metallic_trance. :D
#43D_BartPosted 11/29/2013 12:56:05 PM
Anima Blade posted...
I've seen a lot of hacker vs non-hacker debates on here but I think we can agree that the hackers were at fault here. Hacking perfect 'legit' Pokemon is one thing, this is just flat out underhanded.

The vast majority of hackers won't defend someone using illegal move sets or abilities, let alone the Battle Analyzer.
---
Splash
#44PrettyTonyTigerPosted 11/29/2013 1:02:42 PM(edited)
Wow this is AWFUL

With rating disabled ,are people using it rampant on free battle? May as well quit it then lol
---
She walks like a horse God
#45XavuuPosted 11/29/2013 1:01:37 PM
Archeops would still destroy them. Wait....nevermind.
---
STAB Quick Attack. Staraptor.
#46XavuuPosted 11/29/2013 1:06:31 PM
PrettyTonyTiger posted...
Wow this is AWFUL

With rating disabled ,are people using it rampant on free battle? May as well quit it then lol

Yeah, I'm not sure if they're using it, but some of them seemed a little more adept than normal people. Predicting HP Ice is a little fishy assuming they had Aegislash out.
---
STAB Quick Attack. Staraptor.
#47mada7Posted 11/29/2013 1:09:05 PM
airshipff posted...
The security hole that allowed Battle Analyzer to happen is actually quite a bit more serious than first assumed, too, so if the maintenance isn't about it, we're going to have some real grimy stuff on our hands.

From a programmer on the marriland forums who tinkered a bit with the source code of the battle analyzer after being made aware of its existence:

Jaynohva posted...
After searching and searching, I was able to finally download a functioning battle analyzer program last night. Actually to be more precise, it was handed down to me after begging a random person over the internet since I couldn't find a legitimate download link. >.>

First off, I do not know if this is the original program that was previously posted in other websites but I just decided to work with it since I was growing impatient. Also, I assure you, I won't be using this program. I just want to experiment with it to see for myself.

GOOD NEWS: Well, you can't really see what your opponent will choose as his move nor does it help you predict what the best move to make is. It's not user friendly and you need at least an above average knowledge in programming to actually get the program to work otherwise you or your opponent will disconnect numerous times. And yes, a patch maybe able to fix this unlike other issues.

BAD NEWS: At the hands of the wrong person, this app WILL destroy competitive battling. A gifted programmer could easily just upgrade the program to accommodate whatever patch nintendo releases. This app (in my case) allowed me to see the opponent's (which was myself btw,) pokemon, stats, nature, abilities, items, moves, everything! For a skilled battler, that information is more than enough to guarantee a win BUT that's not the thing I am concerned about. I was able to modify the program and use moves (as long as the move can be learned by the pokemon) which my pokemon didn't have to counter my opponent. At that point, I stopped working on the program. A tool like that should never exist however if a mediocre such as myself was able to do that, I wouldn't be surprised what the 'pros' were able to do with it.

Again, I sent a complaint to GF/nintendo with pictures and proofs. It might not be much but it's a step forward no matter how small.

Jaynohva posted...
Let's use my greninja as an example. My greninja has dark pulse, hydropump, extrasensory and grass knot. Once connected to the program, I can resume the battle via pc. Using the program, I could open a list of greninja's moves which I entered into the coding one by one. I placed in U-turn and Ice Beam. I could enter more than that but I didn't because I was just testing it out. From that list of moves, I am able to choose U-turn, for example and actually use it against you even though my greninja doesn't have U-turn.

However, I could only input moves which Greninja can learn. If I were to put in Fire Blast and use that move in our battle, an error will show up disconnecting both of us.

Note: I understand that my explanation in my earlier posts were poor. I could have explained it better but refrained from doing so because I didn't want to put too much 'details' in it.

That's some frightening stuff right there ...

This is indeed very worrisome because a decent enough programmer could improve the UI and adapt it into a more workable state then distribute that online. The fact that it can be adapted to accommodate patches is even more worrisome because it means either the game eventually gets hacked making the competitive aspect unplayable by and large or they have to keep releasing patches over and over to keep the battle analyzer from working which would be very expensive in the long run.
---
Pokemon Black FC = 3396 8733 5419
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448
#48Xeo352Posted 11/29/2013 1:19:37 PM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Xeo352 posted...
ShfiftySchfive posted...
Xeo352 posted...
Phantom_Nook posted...
Wait, was there a problem?

A new hacking method surfaced, people were checking their opponents stats and movesets, as well as what move they'd use next with an instacheck thing.

Battle Analyser. If your gonna inform someone. Please blame the correct program.

It's basically the same exploit...

That's like saying that On the Origin of Species and Mein Kampf are basically the same because they were written with the same pen technology. And then blaming pens.

No... It's not at all, that would be saying that code language and keyboards were at fault, I said nothing of the sort, I said that they both rely on taking non-encrypted information and reading it, I have no problem with instachecking for trade purposes to make sure you don't get duped. But there's a program out that is using the same methods of reading the data for a less innocent goal.
---
Pokemon X: 4313-0450-2944
#49Twilight_SonataPosted 11/29/2013 1:41:40 PM(edited)
Xeo352 posted...
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Xeo352 posted...
It's basically the same exploit...

That's like saying that On the Origin of Species and Mein Kampf are basically the same because they were written with the same pen technology. And then blaming pens.

No... It's not at all, that would be saying that code language and keyboards were at fault, I said nothing of the sort, I said that they both rely on taking non-encrypted information and reading it, I have no problem with instachecking for trade purposes to make sure you don't get duped. But there's a program out that is using the same methods of reading the data for a less innocent goal.

You're right that you stopped just short of blaming all hackers everywhere, like so many others are doing, but I would definitely still contest that the two programs are "basically the same". That's insulting to the good hackers out there who put a lot of work into a program made to stop people from getting scammed. The similarities in their methods of reading data are totally irrelevant.
---
"Amaura's been in my line up pretty much the entire game. Guess I'll start cramming protein down his throat for the next three hours."
- barneyonfire
#50slothicaPosted 11/29/2013 1:40:46 PM
Wow. All this happened while I was away.

I couldn't have cared less if people were pokegen'ing back in Gen 4 and 5 or abusing the RNG. I didn't care. But this program you all speak of.... THIS is outright cheating.
---
(Trainer Name: Zombie) Pokemon Y Shiny Value: 2414
(Crowley) 3DS FC: 2079 7127 4943