This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How should Ice get buffed?

#71-LusterSoldier-Posted 11/30/2013 12:15:33 AM
Ice really needs to be given a resistance to water. Having only one resistance sucks. However, I would also suggest making Scald super-effective against Ice.

I like the new terrain moves that Game Freak created during this generation and would like to see more terrain moves in the next generation. I propose creating a move called "Icy Terrain" (or it could be called "Snowy Terrain" instead). What this would do is reduce the speed of all Pokemon by 1 stage, except for Ice-type Pokemon. This could benefit Ice-types because they often have sub-par speed stats. Sneasel, Weavile, Froslass, and Cryogonal are the only Ice-types with a base speed above 100. In addition, Icy/Snowy Terrain would also boost the power of Ice-type moves by 50% (Electric/Grassy Terrain do the same thing to their respective moves as well).

Other types could also benefit from having new terrain moves. You could have Rocky Terrain for Rock-types, Sandy Terrain for Ground-types, and Swampy Terrain for Poison-types.
---
Luster Soldier --- ~Shield Bearer~ | ~Data Analyst~
Popular at school, but not as cool as raytan7585, Guru Champ!
#72zeekybookydoogPosted 11/30/2013 12:29:44 AM(edited)
Gigaraver posted...
Electric is the least resisted type in the game, resisted by itself and ineffective against Ground.

Grass and Dragon resists Electric. The least resisted type is Ghost.

To buff ice we don't need to change the type chart. Buff Hail, and give Ice a better movepool. Something like, for example:

Deep Freeze:
Power: --
Accuracy: 60
Category: Status
Effect: Freezes target if it hits.

---
Proud member of the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
I'm doing my part to fight for a free internet. Are you doing yours?
#73Chaos_MissilePosted 11/30/2013 1:44:29 AM
Resist: Water/Electric/Rock
Hail: Boost a stat(IDK)
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#74nuke2099Posted 11/30/2013 2:19:10 AM
There is a reason why fighting is good against ice, steel and rock. Its to do with certain martial arts braking blocks of those materials not some guy deflecting a ice burg away from the Titanic.

Also while most bugs dislike cold weather there are some which adapt to it so ice being strong against bug is out of the question. Tbh I never got the whole thing of ice being strong against dragons since in mythology dragons often use fire and sometimes there are ice dragons which use ice as a breath weapon.

*Awaits dragon/ice type that's immune to its ice weaknesses*
---
Pokemon Y FC: 4828-5070-8006 Dragon Safari: Fraxure, Noibat, Sligoo
#75hors_doeuvresPosted 11/30/2013 2:37:22 AM
PrettyTonyTiger posted...
Nextgrandcross posted...
It should maybe resist Water, I can't think of anything else.

Also better usage for Hail, it's really sucky compared to Sandstorm, Sunny Day, and Rain Dance with hardly any decent secondary effects.

Really now!!! If GF is kind enough to boost rock sp.def in sand, why not ices defenses in hail?

Or maybe hail can inflict damage based on type like stealth rock.

Mage_Lord posted...
Hail gives 50% def boost

Imagine an Avalugg in Hail. *shudders*
---
3DS: 3179-7514-8675 | Safari Pokemon: Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchinder
"Vitamins, carotins, potassium, fiber... polyphenol!!!"
#76paiprPosted 11/30/2013 8:01:11 AM
They need to decide what the point of ice type is. in the past it was the dragon killer, but besides kill dragons it didnt really do anything that well. Specially when you take into account the fact that most of the time people chose ice type attacks over having an actual ice type. Now that we have Fairy type, Ice is in a identity crisis all the more.

Add to that its like the odd man out of the "solid" defense trio, of rock/ice/steel. Odd man out, cause its so bad at being defensive.

I think the best thing to do is make it the bulky water threat (adding a super effective to water) and then make it more defensive.

Cut either its weakness to rock or fighting type. But only one. Then add a few resistances. Let it resist Normal type (it would help it fit into the "solid" defense trio more) resist flying type, and fairy type (giving it a slight edge over the type that knocked it down from its dragon killer status). And I do like the idea of Ice resisting it self, or being immune, but considering what I said about making it x2 to water, and the number of water/ice types, I'm hesitant to say this.

Something that I think would be nice, is to actually make the 'solid' defense type trio a thing. Similar to how grass/fire/water is a type trio. So make each part; rock/ice/steel, resistant to one and super effective to the other. But also take it a step further and have each be resistant to a portion of each of the other types. With a few shared resistances, and one shared weakness. And a few shared x1. That way there is a shared common non-threat/threatened types.
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
fc:0602-6823-9646, SV:932,FS:electric. my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#77TheNoMoreH3roPosted 11/30/2013 8:08:25 AM

And most of the prominent Dragons dying in 4 turns? XD I like the idea, but... my precious dragons! xD
---
3DS FC: 1075-0736-9175
#78RenaliaPosted 11/30/2013 8:32:39 AM(edited)
zelionx posted...
The problem with Ice type isn't the type itself

There isn't a FAST Ice type SWEEPER!

Weavile?

Granted his moves don't have the highest BP but with 120 attack and 125 speed he's not exactly lacking in that department. His defense and HP suck though and 4x fight weak means Mach Punch makes him crumple like tin.

And everyone who is talking about giving Bug yet another resistance or weakness can just shut up. Bug needs a buff if it needs anything. The only reason people use bug moves is because U-Turn is so good.

Edit: I just checked and the next fastest Ice type after the Sneasel/Weavile line is Jynx? Why the hell are ice types so slow? Only 2 over base 100 speed? I understand that offensively it doesn't need much help but none of the ice type pokemon are usable because of the weaknesses coupled with the fact that they are all pretty much base 80 or lower on speed. Ice doesn't need a change to its type chart, it just needs better pokemon. Most of them are frail and slow, a terrible combination.

Edit 2: was looking at an old list apparently but Froslass and Cryogonal aren't really helping the case for ice.

---
Normal? If we're all freaks and you're normal, you're the freak. - Roger, CRFH
Playing: Pokemon Y, Diablo III (360), Skyrim.
#79omega bahumatPosted 11/30/2013 9:09:38 AM
omega bahumat posted...
Resist Grass Flying the end
#80PrettyTonyTigerPosted 11/30/2013 9:12:16 AM
TheNoMoreH3ro posted...

And most of the prominent Dragons dying in 4 turns? XD I like the idea, but... my precious dragons! xD

Yea
---
She walks like a horse God