This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Pokecheck starts uploading 6th gen pokemons

#1GreatKiraLordPosted 11/30/2013 2:27:48 AM
wouldn't that pretty much negate everything cool about legit shiny and/or perfect pokemons?
even mores than now?
#2wehomiesPosted 11/30/2013 2:50:13 AM
yep
shiny, flawless, or both wouldn't mean much since everyone would be able to have it
#3TakaoldariaPosted 11/30/2013 2:56:03 AM
A note I feel should be made : The Pokémon you download from Pokécheck have a ribbon attached to show they are not the original. Plus, it still keeps the OT's name and ID Number.

Plus, not everybody knows Pokécheck or is tech savvy enough to get to it. Sure it's not that hard, but many players likely can't and won't access it. So Shinies and Flawless won't exactly be "everywhere".

Also, even if everyone had flawless 'mons, wouldn't that make the fights more fair instead?
---
|http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png | Gen V RNG Abuser | 3DS FC : 0103-9288-7308|
|Friend Safari : Stunfisk, Dedenne, Luxio (why do I always get ripped off?)
#4Alexoneill77777Posted 11/30/2013 3:05:37 AM
Takaoldaria posted...
A note I feel should be made : The Pokémon you download from Pokécheck have a ribbon attached to show they are not the original. Plus, it still keeps the OT's name and ID Number.

Plus, not everybody knows Pokécheck or is tech savvy enough to get to it. Sure it's not that hard, but many players likely can't and won't access it. So Shinies and Flawless won't exactly be "everywhere".

Also, even if everyone had flawless 'mons, wouldn't that make the fights more fair instead?

That's only if you directly transfer pokemon to the gts. Downloading them to your computer and transfering through pokegts will mean they are completely the same and won't have a ribbon. You can disable this feature so people can only transfer your pokemon and not download them. I am already downloading hundreds of legit pokemon ready for when pokebank comes out.
---
FC- 3754 7190 4070
I hate gold watering cans so much you don't even know
#5wehomiesPosted 11/30/2013 3:45:56 AM
^this
furthermore, pokemon editor will be out soon it seems like and if it does then shines, flawless will mean jack

they're sort of worthless now with the isntcheck but once the poke editor comes out, they'll be completely worthless
#6RX02BansheePosted 11/30/2013 3:53:22 AM
wehomies posted...
^this
furthermore, pokemon editor will be out soon it seems like and if it does then shines, flawless will mean jack

they're sort of worthless now with the isntcheck but once the poke editor comes out, they'll be completely worthless

lol, look at all the hackers talking of things being worthless, they'll be worth something, just less on scummy sites like Gamefaqs. Visit any respectable Pokemon forum and there'll still be a market for Pokemon with good IVs, just like basically every gen.

If perfect Pokemon were worthless because they can be got easy then they'd already be worthless now every man and his dog can breed one in a couple of hours (at most, if you've got perfect mons in each egg group it'll take an hour max).
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
The Zelda Games are not RPGs
#7MidnightCrewPosted 11/30/2013 5:31:05 AM
GreatKiraLord posted...
wouldn't that pretty much negate everything cool about legit shiny and/or perfect pokemons?
even mores than now?

Nope.

Firstly, shinies have pretty much no value objectively right now anyway cause of Instacheck, which is already a really fast way of getting it, making one in half the time doesn't really make it any worse.

Once more, shinies only even have as much value as you assign to them.
---
Official Beheeyem of the X/Y Boards.