This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: We stomp on Bad Kids

#41Ace81892(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 7:02:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#42CakeOfLiesPosted 11/30/2013 7:02:08 AM
This one was beautiful. I don't even know why this guy wanted to battle (he challenged me, but I couldn't accept due to being busy. I then re-challenged him when I could).

RPUG-WWWW-WWW3-DYG3

"Espeon used Bite!"

Ignore the fact that Mewtwo is in my party in this next one. I would only use him against other Ubers and if I got down to him in a normal (non-Uber) match I forfeit. And this one was early on so I didn't know I could choose 5/6 of my team then. I thought I had to choose a full team like Battle Maison. :s
Not sure why I used Substitute on the first turn...

UT6G-WWWW-WWW3-DYNA

I died a little inside when Blaziken used Shadow Claw.
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF
#43PkmTrainerAbramPosted 11/30/2013 7:05:07 AM
Both of you look petty to be honest. TC can't even refrute this point with the topic premise.

Firstly, I don't play fighting games because they hold no interest for me. Secondly, Pokemon requires many hours of preparation and planning and testing to make a viable team that can do reasonably well online, it's rather hard to compare with a fighting game.

It takes many hours to do the same in any decent fighter understanding moves, what works and what doesn't, match ups and player tactics and footsie games too.

But in the sprit of the topic, only not so one sided so it's INTERESTING to look at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ-6kz5LyiI
---
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram in Japanese.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki
#44StevenDrkPrincePosted 11/30/2013 7:06:19 AM
Ace81892 posted...
StevenDrkPrince posted...
52MG-WWWW-WWW3-DYY3
Dunno if this counts but, it felt good beating this guy. Especially because of how he used his Gliscor.. It also felt great OHKOing his Mega Evolution.

Pretty good. Seeing Charizard, Greninja, Aegislash, and Gengar on your team makes me a bit sad though. I really just like seeing kids go into a battle with a team of legendaries and getting destroyed by uncommon picks. The thing that that ***hat earlier didn't understand is that I like these matches because the opponents are using legendaries and Ubers and still get crushed. It's satisfying to see an objectively better (from a BST-wise POV anyway) team lose.

EDIT: Just unblocked said ***hat from earlier and it looks like he's still not getting it.

Ah I see. Yeah but all his Gliscor did was rely on Guillotine. Oh and why does that make you sad? I just really like how they look so I use them.
---
3DS FC: 4296-3067-2375 - $teven from Kalos
I'm The Dark Prince. I knew about Chesnaught. http://bit.ly/18nPzxS
#45Ace81892(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 7:10:09 AM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
Both of you look petty to be honest. TC can't even refrute this point with the topic premise.

Firstly, I don't play fighting games because they hold no interest for me. Secondly, Pokemon requires many hours of preparation and planning and testing to make a viable team that can do reasonably well online, it's rather hard to compare with a fighting game.

It takes many hours to do the same in any decent fighter understanding moves, what works and what doesn't, match ups and player tactics and footsie games too.

But in the sprit of the topic, only not so one sided so it's INTERESTING to look at:

I don't understand the point of this post. What am I supposed to be looking at in this video? I don't even know this game. And I agree that fighting games and turn-based strategy can't be compared. I think I said that a few times (although the mods may have gotten to it).
---
2DS FC: 3540-0246-0507
Pokemon X IGN: Swamplord | Safari (Normal): Teddiursa, Minccino, and Smeargle
#46PkmTrainerAbramPosted 11/30/2013 7:13:32 AM
Ace81892 posted...

I don't understand the point of this post. What am I supposed to be looking at in this video? I don't even know this game. And I agree that fighting games and turn-based strategy can't be compared. I think I said that a few times (although the mods may have gotten to it).

If you actually took my post as some sort of confrontation, I dunno what to say then. Also, I was saying they both require time investment, so I don't know what you're on about dragging my post into something I'm not arguing.

Not playing the game is no reason to not see how awesome that final match is. I posted it to show it off, nothing more. Maybe someone else will appriciate it.
---
#47Ace81892(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 7:14:41 AM
Ace81892 posted...
52MG-WWWW-WWW3-DYY3
Dunno if this counts but, it felt good beating this guy. Especially because of how he used his Gliscor.. It also felt great OHKOing his Mega Evolution.

Pretty good. Seeing Charizard, Greninja, Aegislash, and Gengar on your team makes me a bit sad though. I really just like seeing kids go into a battle with a team of legendaries and getting destroyed by uncommon picks. The thing that that ***hat earlier didn't understand is that I like these matches because the opponents are using legendaries and Ubers and still get crushed. It's satisfying to see an objectively better (from a BST-wise POV anyway) team lose.

EDIT: Just unblocked said ***hat from earlier and it looks like he's still not getting it.

Ah I see. Yeah but all his Gliscor did was rely on Guillotine. Oh and why does that make you sad? I just really like how they look so I use them.

Yeah OHKO moves are dumb and banned for a reason (I follow Smogon rules). I just get really tired of seeing the same pokemon over and over again. The ones that I listed from your team are so ridiculously common it's not even funny. No offense, though, that's just the way I play. I try to use 'mons that don't get seen too much while still remaining competitively viable.
---
#48Stax221Posted 11/30/2013 7:23:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#49Ace81892(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 7:17:50 AM
Ace81892 posted...

If you actually took my post as some sort of confrontation, I dunno what to say then. Also, I was saying they both require time investment, so I don't know what you're on about dragging my post into something I'm not arguing.

Not playing the game is no reason to not see how awesome that final match is. I posted it to show it off, nothing more. Maybe someone else will appriciate it.

Woah. I wasn't trying to be aggresive or confrontational. I legitimately do not understand your post. You make it sound like I cannot refute the point that pokemon and fighting games cannot be compared, but that is the point I was trying to make, so I don't understand why I would be trying to refute it.
---
#50PkmTrainerAbramPosted 11/30/2013 7:22:10 AM

Don't worry about it. I misread part of your post, apparently.

At any rate, I posted that SF3 match to show that mindgames and prep play a part in fighting games as well. The skill level in that final match can't be immitated. More importantly I just wanted an excuse to show off that match.
---