This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Smogon planning to quickban Gengarite despite the poll results

#1SnowxReturnsPosted 12/1/2013 2:36:52 AM
Despite 50% of Smogon members being against a Gengarite ban (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gengarite-tiering-discussion-read-post-383.3493175/) not only has the "council" completely ignored well over 40 pages of discussion and 800+ votes, but they're planning to quickban Gengarite instead of doing a proper suspect test (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gengarite-tiering-discussion.3493146/).

I'm not against a proper suspect test but quickbanning is an extremely underhanded and outright lazy way to address the issue. What's the point of even arguing with them if they're just going to selectively ignore whatever they want?
#2RotomGuy3Posted 12/1/2013 2:37:51 AM
I'm not really for or against banning it, but ignoring that many pages of discussion is beyond dumb.
---
My 3DS FC
Rotom: 3308-5985-4794
#3SniperNightOwlPosted 12/1/2013 2:40:41 AM
And this matters why? Smogon =/= Official metagame
---
Stating your opinion =/= Trolling. Deal with it. Get over it. And stop whining.
My Pokemon X/Y Battle Spot Matches : www.youtube.com/user/SniperNightOwl
#43DSRecPosted 12/1/2013 2:41:09 AM
Except the council is 5x smarter than everyone else. 90% of the world is populated by idiots. So of course the top 1% of pokemon masters don't agree with the 99%. 50% say gengarite is fine? 45% of them are kids with an IQ of 80.
---
3DS: 0602-6260-1153. Pokemon Safari: Boldore, Shuckle, and Onix
Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AggressionSsbb
#5ut2k3Posted 12/1/2013 2:41:33 AM
The short answer is just stop going there. Seems to be an old boys club now, almost time something new stepped into its place.
---
"See what happen is your friend was trolling you and now you are trolling us coming here with this nonsense."PatrickEwing33
#63DSRecPosted 12/1/2013 2:47:24 AM
Mega Gengar has monsterous strength, blistering speed and probably the best offensive movepool in the entire game.

Shadow ball
confuse ray
destiny bond
hypnosis
taunt
thunderbolt
psychic
sludge bomb
focus blast
energy ball
will-o-wisp
infestation (cant run)
dark pulse
dazzling gleam
explosion (WHY DOES IT EVEN GET THIS)
perish song
reflect type
haze
trick room
---
3DS: 0602-6260-1153. Pokemon Safari: Boldore, Shuckle, and Onix
Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AggressionSsbb
#7Atom72Posted 12/1/2013 2:48:53 AM
3DSRec posted...
Except the council is 5x smarter than everyone else. 90% of the world is populated by idiots. So of course the top 1% of pokemon masters don't agree with the 99%. 50% say gengarite is fine? 45% of them are kids with an IQ of 80.

Wut. Me thinks I lost a few IQ points there.
---
3110 5061 3722
#8Ku-Ri-BohPosted 12/1/2013 2:50:08 AM
I feel mixed. On one hand Gengarite IS broken. On the other hand i still think they need to give it more chance

And true that^ about how the elite still knows better than 99%, especially when 99% are made of gfaq rejects who don't even give proper argument beyond hating for the sake of hating
---
3DS FC: 2449-4661-4119
#9SnowxReturns(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 2:53:17 AM
3DSRec posted...
Mega Gengar has monsterous strength, blistering speed and probably the best offensive movepool in the entire game.

Shadow ball
confuse ray
destiny bond
hypnosis
taunt
thunderbolt
psychic
sludge bomb
focus blast
energy ball
will-o-wisp
infestation (cant run)
dark pulse
dazzling gleam
explosion (WHY DOES IT EVEN GET THIS)
perish song
reflect type
haze
trick room

Most of those moves are either gimmicks (Confuse Ray, Reflect Type) or not worth running on Gengar (Infestation on something with Shadow Tag? Trick Room? Haze?) so its actual movepool is:

-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Sludge Bomb/Wave
-Thunderbolt
-WoW
-Perish Song

Generally speaking M-Gar either runs an offensive set or a PerishTrapper. It's not as versatile as it seems.

The point here isn't about M-Gar being broken, but about Smogon starting the new generation on the wrong foot, completely ignoring 800+ votes and 40+ pages of discussion.
#10RX02BansheePosted 12/1/2013 2:55:39 AM
3DSRec posted...

Okay then wise guy, why have a democratic system when you are outright going to not use it? It's dishonest at best and cheating at worst.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
The Zelda Games are not RPGs