This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battle masion triple battle woes

#1leafgreenPosted 12/2/2013 10:57:40 AM
VNUG-WWWW-WWW3-F6YY

Could anyone tell me what I did wrong

Also I did not know they could switch I thought they never switch
---
3ds fc 4897-6971-5176
Pokemon y ign Maria
#2I am a fishPosted 12/2/2013 11:09:20 AM(edited)
Cool, an all eveeloution team. Now let's see:

1. You're using zero moves that hit multiple targets. Things like Earthquake, Discharge, Rock slide, etc. You're missing out on a lot of damage by just sticking with single target moves.

2. Why ampharos? You didn't even megaevolve it, opting for your mega gengar instead. Dragon pulse coming out of non-Dragon Ampharos is weak like tissue paper, and Ampharos in general is a weak 'mon.

But the biggest thing is point #1: If, say, Dragonite used lots of earthquake in the middle, with Talonflame and Gengar at his sides, you damage all the opponents and miss your allies. You can't just go into Triple battles with the same mentality as playing Singles.

And yeah, it's really random when they decide to switch, but it's happened to me loads of times.

Edit: I suggest looking at this page to see some good moves you can use to your benefit in Triple Battles:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Triple_Battle
---
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Give a fish a man and you feed him for weeks! -ShinyMoogle
#3leafgreen(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 11:36:50 AM
Yeah I should change up some of my moves and I was thinking of mega evo ampharos but damn that switch threw me off since after 35 battles in they never switch once
---
3ds fc 4897-6971-5176
Pokemon y ign Maria
#4darkflagrancePosted 12/2/2013 12:30:49 PM
I think this particular eeveelution team battle is pre-scripted; each time I ran the super triples, I ran into it. You probably want to utilize multitargeting on the tankier mons like Sylveon and Umbreon to make sure they can't move at all, and have protect on all your mons so that they can skip a turn while their allies kill an immediate threat.
---
[This signature has been deleted due to the request of God.]
3DS Friend code: 3668-8578-3939 :: IGN: Marx
#5Th3BirdmanPosted 12/2/2013 11:44:01 PM
Another issue I'd bring up is, why didn't you switch out Dragonite after he got confused and Sylveon was brought out?

And you tried to hit Vaporeon with two electric attacks, when just one would have done the job....
---
Pokemon Y 3DS FC: 2509-1739-7339. PM me so I can add you back