This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Showdown has a flawed ranking system.

#1ExaetellusPosted 12/2/2013 10:46:10 AM
Basically have to make an alt every time you lose two matches.
---
"Pray to your god, open your heart, whatever you do don't be afraid of the dark."
3DS FC:4312 - 9992 - 0441
#2King_of_donkeysPosted 12/2/2013 10:48:19 AM
Uh, all this shows is that you're achieving the rating you deserve but for some reason think you're better than it, despite the fact you keep achieving it.
---
Dislikes: Haters, Elitists, Narrow-minded fools
#3Exaetellus(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 10:50:32 AM
King_of_donkeys posted...
Uh, all this shows is that you're achieving the rating you deserve but for some reason think you're better than it, despite the fact you keep achieving it.

I literally can win 10 matches, lose one, and I start capping at like 1600 with really no movement wins/or losses. So I'm not really understanding how this works.

Also people talk about ladder runs, so that alone tells me something is up.
---
"Pray to your god, open your heart, whatever you do don't be afraid of the dark."
#4TheCoolzPosted 12/2/2013 10:53:18 AM
How you can you be stuck at 1600 if you keep winning 10 times in a row after just starting? o_0

I win and lose very often and I'm hovering at the 1700 - 1750ish. Although I'm probably not improving much since I am experimenting / forfeiting often lately.
---
http://www.playdota.com/img/art/75645/fanart/f1323969016.jpg
Crystal Maiden Fan Club
#5King_of_donkeysPosted 12/2/2013 10:53:33 AM
It works like this:

If you win lots, you move up, because you're better than your opponents.
If you lose, you stay where you are/move down, because you're either equal or worse than your opponents.
If you have lost games, you need to win more games to move up, to 'prove' that you deserve it.

The reason you move up fast on a new account is to combat smurfing.
---
#6Exaetellus(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 10:55:09 AM
It works like this:

If you win lots, you move up, because you're better than your opponents.
If you lose, you stay where you are/move down, because you're either equal or worse than your opponents.
If you have lost games, you need to win more games to move up, to 'prove' that you deserve it.

The reason you move up fast on a new account is to combat smurfing.

So in other words, until I either magically become better or get a new team?

I mean by the time I get around the 1500s/1600s I fight some pretty decent to intelligent players. I can beat them, but I'm not going to win every time.
---
#7RatheVPosted 12/2/2013 10:57:42 AM
In my experience, you really only move down on Showdown if you're not playing often.
#8King_of_donkeysPosted 12/2/2013 10:59:48 AM
Exaetellus posted...
I can beat them, but I'm not going to win every time.

This is exactly the sort of play environment the ranking system is meant to achieve. Don't feel bad about being in 1600, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's just trying to place you against players similar in skill to you. It's no fun stomping/being stomped every game.
---
#9Exaetellus(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 11:00:24 AM
RatheV posted...
In my experience, you really only move down on Showdown if you're not playing often.

I don't even really go down I just stabilize. My wins starting giving me like 20-30 wins. I'll beat a guy with 1800 at 1450 and get like 12 credits.
---
#10Exaetellus(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 11:01:11 AM
Exaetellus posted...
I can beat them, but I'm not going to win every time.

This is exactly the sort of play environment the ranking system is meant to achieve. Don't feel bad about being in 1600, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's just trying to place you against players similar in skill to you. It's no fun stomping/being stomped every game.

So what these people that have 2700 are just that ungodly, or are they just using bull **** teams?
---