This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

mega houndoom needs more love

#11CakeOfLiesPosted 12/4/2013 7:04:00 PM
Ultima_Wraith posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Mega Houndoom is definitely underrated.
Most Megas are when you think about it.

Probably the best thing about Megas is when you have one in your team list and the *DON'T* use it, I run a rain team and have Scizor in my team list, everyone plans on having to deal with Scizor and I just use other stuff, it's a fun little doubles mind game.

I tend to do 6v6s, but I have three Mega candidates on my current team (Blaziken, Gardevoir, and Scizor). It seems like the most predictable team ever, but in reality people have no idea what my Mega is.
Everyone's first guess for my Mega is always Blaziken. I mean, really. Let's be honest here. Mega Blaziken is like normal Blaziken but more OP.
Their second guess seems to be Gardevoir (because they always choose the strangest moves the first turn she's out).
They NEVER expect Scizor though. They always think that Life Orb and Choice Band are better even though Bulky Swords Dance is a thing.
It's hilarious to see them squirm as they don't know what to do when their attack does nothing to it. I've seen people do some crazy stuff to try to take this bad boy down. I 6-0 a lot of people.

In doubles Mega Scizor is a true and utter menace in the rain, and there are a few team combinations when i see them that will have me take him out, that's been my experience in doubles though.

I might try Doubles when I get my old Pokes back. Mega Scizor in the rain in a Double Battle sounds awesome.
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF
#12Steel_ShadowsPosted 12/7/2013 9:04:42 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Mega Houndoom is definitely underrated.
Most Megas are when you think about it.

Probably the best thing about Megas is when you have one in your team list and the *DON'T* use it, I run a rain team and have Scizor in my team list, everyone plans on having to deal with Scizor and I just use other stuff, it's a fun little doubles mind game.

I tend to do 6v6s, but I have three Mega candidates on my current team (Blaziken, Gardevoir, and Scizor). It seems like the most predictable team ever, but in reality people have no idea what my Mega is.
Everyone's first guess for my Mega is always Blaziken. I mean, really. Let's be honest here. Mega Blaziken is like normal Blaziken but more OP.
Their second guess seems to be Gardevoir (because they always choose the strangest moves the first turn she's out).
They NEVER expect Scizor though. They always think that Life Orb and Choice Band are better even though Bulky Swords Dance is a thing.
It's hilarious to see them squirm as they don't know what to do when their attack does nothing to it. I've seen people do some crazy stuff to try to take this bad boy down. I 6-0 a lot of people.

Bulky dance Mega Scizor fills me with such joy. I've had it save my ass a few times by tanking some pretty powerful hits. Once, I actually was left with pretty much just Scizor trying to stall out a MegaChomp. Its Earthquakes barely managed to not 2HKO, so roost spam vs. eq spam should've ended in my favor... then he got a crit. ._. But yeah, it's amazing how many things are setup bait for it. I brought it in on some guy's Escavalier, and he tried every move he had to no avail, and 3 Swords Dances later I swept the rest of his team.

I'm waiting to piece together a sun team before using Mega Houndoom. I'd like to get a better name for him than Crowley, but eh. In the sun, it makes a lot of special walls cry.
---
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.
#13Nickaru_SheniPosted 12/7/2013 9:12:19 PM
Stone edge and rock tomb mawiles exist as well...
---
Pokemon y fc 2552-1868-2562 ditto safari. PM me if added
"Mm...I love doom." - Henry, Fire Emblem Awakening
#14EmpirorPosted 12/7/2013 9:15:38 PM
I've used it for awhile. Works nice but you have to play it carefully.
---
Pokemon Black fc-5243 1202 3802 Megaman Rj fc:2493 5945 5724 Yugioh 2010 4383 3896 9610
http://stevenjobs101.wordpress.com/<---visit my blog :u!