This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Could this be a good idea for doubles?

#1JPSVRPosted 12/9/2013 9:29:39 AM
I had a plan to use Musharna alongside an earthquake user to (hopefully) devastating results.

I was considering a move set of
-safeguard
-helping hand
-swagger
-????

I'm thinking setting up safeguard, swaggering my team mate (safeguard will block confusion) and stacking a helping hand on top of that. Musharna would stay completely safe from earthquake with telepathy :)

Am I on to something here? Or is the long set up towards it not really worth it?
---
FC: 2406-6325-5801 Friend Safari pokemon: Shuppet, Pumpkaboo and Spiritomb
#2JPSVR(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2013 10:00:21 AM
Bump
---
#3MetleonPosted 12/9/2013 10:05:21 AM
Trick Room with a slow Ground-type would be best. Although, I think this entire strategy would be better with a Flying-type support Pokemon since it's immune to Earthquake, anyway. The only reason to use Telepathy over an outright immunity to the move is if you're planning on using another move that would hit the ally.
---
3DS FC: 5257 - 9998 - 2632
Pokemon Y Name: Benjamin
#4john151bacardiPosted 12/9/2013 10:07:29 AM
I'm thinking setting up safeguard, swaggering my team mate (safeguard will block confusion)

Well know doubles set-up, but has many checks. If you do manage to set it up, it'll be worth it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/IBsA1WI.gif
"Only hall of fame I'll be inducted in is the Alcohol of Fame on the Wall of Shame!"
#5JPSVR(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2013 10:08:20 AM
Metleon posted...
Trick Room with a slow Ground-type would be best. Although, I think this entire strategy would be better with a Flying-type support Pokemon since it's immune to Earthquake, anyway. The only reason to use Telepathy over an outright immunity to the move is if you're planning on using another move that would hit the ally.

Well I needed a pokemon immune to earthquake but learned swagger and helping hand too. Your saying I should keep swagger plus helping hand and get trick room too?
---