This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Someone is selling Shiny Pokemon on eBay for $10-$20 each

#51HumbleLinkPosted 12/10/2013 7:12:52 PM
I got a $ 35 3ds card for giving someone a flawless shiny Gengar.

True story.
---
A sword wields no power if the person holding it has no courage.
FC: 4081-5630-0086
#52The_LuXxPosted 12/10/2013 7:13:04 PM
LazyMcTurtle posted...
I was in a local retro game store a few months ago and my girlfriend was talking to the owner about how she has a shiny Voltorb on her copy of Sapphire and another customer walked over and offered her like $200 on the spot for it. I didn't know what to think.

how old was that customer? and did she sell it?
#53Godly_GoofPosted 12/10/2013 7:13:23 PM
inviso87 posted...
I saw a shiny 5 IV Froakie sell for $67 the other day.

The kicker? It was only a guide, not the actual Pokemon.

"Guide" they just say that to bypass eBays TOU.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#54inviso87Posted 12/10/2013 7:14:20 PM
Godly_Goof posted...
inviso87 posted...
I saw a shiny 5 IV Froakie sell for $67 the other day.

The kicker? It was only a guide, not the actual Pokemon.

"Guide" they just say that to bypass eBays TOU.

I'd be surprised if it didn't violate the TOU tbh regardless.
---
Sadie Banner -- http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i311/inviso87/SadieBanner.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILyzyQUUnL4 -- Watch me own Derolix
#55LazyMcTurtlePosted 12/10/2013 7:21:11 PM
The_LuXx posted...
LazyMcTurtle posted...
I was in a local retro game store a few months ago and my girlfriend was talking to the owner about how she has a shiny Voltorb on her copy of Sapphire and another customer walked over and offered her like $200 on the spot for it. I didn't know what to think.

how old was that customer? and did she sell it?

Uuhh, I'd say he was late 30's, maybe early 40's. We didn't have it on us, so no haha. She didn't seem like she wanted to anyway. She plays it regularly, and he wanted to buy the whole game, not just the Voltorb.
---
It wasn't me.
#56Frozen_TitanPosted 12/10/2013 7:28:50 PM
yea, i've made a decent profit from doing this
#57DKU_ArichPosted 12/10/2013 7:29:24 PM
The_LuXx posted...
$10-$20 is pretty cheap compared to the amount of hours people invest in doing things the legit way, if you got paid to play pokemon at like $30 an hour or something and it took you 20 hours just to get 1 shiny, that's $600 worth of effort, so $10-$20 is pretty cheap in comparison. But if Nintendo/GF started selling shiny pokemon as in game purchases I would stop playing pokemon, cause I hate those type of games which encourage in game purchases.

If I got paid $30 an hour to pay Pokemon, I would quit my job and going to school because that would be absolutely beautiful.
---
3DS friend code = 2320-7567-3830
#58darkshadowspawnPosted 12/10/2013 10:33:51 PM
Godly_Goof posted...
Because he has no concept of what he's talking about but thinks he does >.>

Take a good look at eBay's terms again...there's this gem:

"Your listing clearly states that you legally own the content (sometimes called intellectual property) or are authorized to sell it by the owner, the owner's authorized agent, or the law."

pages.ebay.com/help/policies/downloadable.html

Since the game (and everything in it) are Nintendo's property, it's illegal on eBay.
---
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh