This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do YOU think is the most important qualification for being a Pokemon Master

#1Azure_FlamePosted 12/12/2013 4:33:02 PM
80/80

In terms of how it's used in the anime.
---
"[Gravity Rush] is like losing your virginity; sometimes you won't know what you're doing, it's over way too quick and it's totally amazing!" -CBrate
#2RatheVPosted 12/12/2013 4:34:20 PM
Being not Ash
#3EasterEggHunterPosted 12/12/2013 4:35:12 PM
At the very last winning one Elite Four Match
#4MarikofKrosaPosted 12/12/2013 4:37:12 PM
Win...win more...win again. Not lose to gym leaders in the upteenth country you've visited when you've defeated every gym leader in multiple other regions.
---
I am the prince of all Krosans! What are you?
#5Lady-LucyPosted 12/12/2013 4:38:51 PM
RatheV posted...
By being Cynthia.

---
If Cynthia were to be your Sidekick, you'd end up being her sidekick instead.
And thus, you end up as a comedy relief sidekick, http://imgur.com/EZG0Fx2
#6EstheimasterPosted 12/12/2013 4:43:28 PM
It's probably an objective goal. If you are a big role model and excellent Pokemon Trainer, you could be considered a Master. So, hypothetically, you'd have to beat at least one Champion and do some other things that would make you famous (such as save the world or complete the Pokedex).

In my mind, the only ingame character that has obtained this distinction is the MC of XY. They not only saved the world and beat the Champion, but they had all of Kalos acknowledge them as their savoirs. I feel like the Honor of Kalos was pretty much saying that they considered you a Pokemon Master.
---
3DS FC: 4596 9948 4995 (Fighting Safari with Machoke, Throh, and Riolu)
Shiny Value: 695 (PM me to hatch your shiny- I won't ask for anything in return!)
#7Gogito4Posted 12/12/2013 4:44:09 PM
By being Cynthia and Red's child. You're born with the title.
---
Tales of Xillia... here I come!
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#8Insanylum13Posted 12/12/2013 4:45:35 PM
By being a Mary Sue who appears too many times.
#9SuperSonicDBZPosted 12/12/2013 4:47:29 PM
- Have caught at least half of the known pokemon at one time, seen most of them (not including legendaries)

- Have won at least ONE Elite Four challenge

- Have over a 50% win ratio.

Note how the term "Pokemon Master" no longer exists in the Anime. I think that is intentional.
---
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A
#10Azure_Flame(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 4:48:35 PM
SuperSonicDBZ posted...
- Have caught at least half of the known pokemon at one time, seen most of them (not including legendaries)

- Have won at least ONE Elite Four challenge

- Have over a 50% win ratio.

Note how the term "Pokemon Master" no longer exists in the Anime. I think that is intentional.

I'm watching the English dub of XY episode 2 and Ash literally JUST said he wants to be a Pokemon Master.
---
"[Gravity Rush] is like losing your virginity; sometimes you won't know what you're doing, it's over way too quick and it's totally amazing!" -CBrate