This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There should be a "Fully Random Pokemon" New Game+ mode

#1Shigmiya64Posted 12/16/2013 5:33:37 PM
Where when you start this mode, all Pokémon the player can acquire are fully random. Your three starter choices are random. You could get Beldum, Dratini, or Gible, or you could get Trubbish, Koffing, and Grimer for options. All wild Pokémon are fully randomized, without even a hint of restraint for the sake of theme. For example, you could be attacked by a Lapras that swooped down from a cave ceiling, and you might fish up a Snorlax from the ocean. These choices would be set at game start, so your file will always have the chance of fishing up that Snorlax on that route once it's set. Legendaries would come in two tiers, which I will call banned or unbanned based on whether they're allowed in the Battle Maison. Where you encounter Zygarde, Yveltal/Xerneas, and Mewtwo, it will be any of a selection of the legendaries banned from the Maison. Your wandering bird will become one of the legendaries allowed in the Maison

It'd be like like a Nuzlocke (insofar as you'd be forced to use mons you'd normally never use) but with more replayability!
---
"Remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you."
My 3DS Friend Code: 0705 - 3328 - 1003
#2cgreenwPosted 12/16/2013 5:35:46 PM
There's something like that for emulators and stuff.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePil4ahfYZs (Videos of fun Pokemon Battles)
3DS FC:0447-5939-4469 (Chris)
#3RatheVPosted 12/16/2013 5:36:06 PM
Have you heard of the pokemon randomizer? It's a program that does basically exactly what you're saying, but for ROMs.
#4erekwashere15Posted 12/16/2013 5:36:43 PM
I quite like this idea
---
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
3DS Friend Code: 3523-3326-1414 (Erek)
#5SorrySleepingPosted 12/16/2013 5:37:08 PM
RatheV posted...
Have you heard of the pokemon randomizer? It's a program that does basically exactly what you're saying, but for ROMs.

I think he got this from the Randomizers, and just wants it in the real game.
---
~{Always Goomy}~
http://i.imgur.com/m0KMWke.gif http://i.imgur.com/DkQGJHS.gif
#6RatheVPosted 12/16/2013 5:39:52 PM
SorrySleeping posted...
RatheV posted...

I think he got this from the Randomizers, and just wants it in the real game.

I kinda thought as much, but on the off chance they haven't, learning it would be like an early Christmas gift of sorts.
#7keybladesrusPosted 12/16/2013 5:51:09 PM
I did this for a playthrough on a ROM (please don't mod me just for saying it...). It was just an AR code that made encounters random, so there was no consistency and scripted battles were unaffected, but it was really fun! It was great getting a Rayquaza in the first route. Got a Victini shortly after.

It would be awesome to see some official form of this, but it'll never happen. No matter how much I hope and pray...
---
"My favorite color of poop is seven." - Seanbaby, cracked.com
The Official Nox of the Kingdom Hearts 3 Board