This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What secondary types would you want starters to have in Gen 7?

#1Starbound2013Posted 12/18/2013 3:49:36 PM
For me I'd like to see possible a ghost starter and a fairy type. Maybe fairy/fire and ghost/water.

What type combo would you want for a new starter?
---
AC:NL: 5413 - 0144 - 2904
PSN: thund3rkatg6
#2BaboonMan123Posted 12/18/2013 3:50:50 PM
Fire/Fighting, definitely.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 0390-4013-3512 | Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0562-7003-7329 | 3DS FC: 5069-4467-6329
#3Starbound2013(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2013 3:52:40 PM
BaboonMan123 posted...

Lol.

I'd be okay of they gave us a water/fighting or a grass/fighting.
---
AC:NL: 5413 - 0144 - 2904
PSN: thund3rkatg6
#4LightningAce11Posted 12/18/2013 3:53:19 PM
BaboonMan123 posted...

It's not a bad typing actually. If this time they made it a pure special sweeper I would be happy.

Anyway, I'd like fire/ghost, grass/fairy and water/flying
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
Official Pumpkaboo of the Pokemon X board.
#5MysterPixelPosted 12/18/2013 3:53:38 PM
Electric/Fire would be nice.
#6NinjaKitsunePosted 12/18/2013 4:10:12 PM
Water/Flying
Fire/Ice
Grass/Ghost

Kinda going for a contrary elements. Fire/Ice is hot/cold, grass/ghost has a sort of life/death thing going, and water/flying has sea/sky.

On an entirely separate note, gamefaqs autocensor apparently hates this idea because I had to reorder the type list twice for it to not find a "censored" in between the lines.
---
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..."
#7yoshirulezzzPosted 12/18/2013 4:22:29 PM
Grass/electric

Water/ghost

Fire/ice
---
ADD my Pokemon Y FC: 3668-8145-2937 looking for someone with Pokemon X to trade starters,spares,exclusives,etc.
#8jayman7Posted 12/18/2013 4:28:32 PM
NinjaKitsune posted...
Water/Flying
Fire/Ice
Grass/Ghost

Kinda going for a contrary elements. Fire/Ice is hot/cold, grass/ghost has a sort of life/death thing going, and water/flying has sea/sky.

On an entirely separate note, gamefaqs autocensor apparently hates this idea because I had to reorder the type list twice for it to not find a "censored" in between the lines.

Keep in mind how GameFreak always does the Grass beats Water beats Fire beats Grass thing. Even in the fourth gen, Empoleon may have picked up Steel, but Torterra got Ground, so it still had an advantage.

Water/Flying has no weakness to Grass, nor to Ghost. Quite the contrary, Grass/Ghost is weak to Flying.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#9DiayamondoPosted 12/18/2013 4:34:50 PM
jayman7 posted...
NinjaKitsune posted...
Water/Flying
Fire/Ice
Grass/Ghost

Keep in mind how GameFreak always does the Grass beats Water beats Fire beats Grass thing. Even in the fourth gen, Empoleon may have picked up Steel, but Torterra got Ground, so it still had an advantage.

Water/Flying has no weakness to Grass, nor to Ghost. Quite the contrary, Grass/Ghost is weak to Flying.

This
#10NinjaKitsunePosted 12/18/2013 4:37:36 PM
jayman7 posted...
NinjaKitsune posted...
Water/Flying
Fire/Ice
Grass/Ghost

That's part of why I suggested this. Secondary type triangles is old hat, and even that's not a hard and fast rule. Like from your example with Empoleon's steel type, Infernape picked up fighting against it, going against the type triangle, and Torterra's ground type gave it an advantage against infernape, while Empoleon kinda got the short end of the stick in both directions.
Either way, having a new way of picking types would be cool.
---
Attention de--oh my God, it's Jackie Chan!