This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

damnit shiny Clauncher stop teasing me

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. damnit shiny Clauncher stop teasing me

User Info: Reptobismol

Reptobismol
3 years ago#1
So a pal of mine who intentionally bought the opposite version of me desires a Clauncher for his ingame team. Since they're otherwise extremely easy to come by I figured I'd try to surprise him and use the fishing chain trick to score a shiny.

I hadn't attempted the trick yet, and I don't think I had encountered more than 20 before a shiny one appeared, but upon checking the nature when the streak broke (no nibbles) it was crap, even for ingame.

That first streak went on for a fairly long time, but now when I attempt it in the same spot (Ambrette town beach, that one little square pinched between unfishable spots) I can barely get over a dozen bites of anything before I fish up squat =/

Damn you initial shiny! You made me think this was a feasible endeavor by spoiling me too soon!

(the nature was Brave, and since it's coincidentally my first and presently only shiny in this game, I have to keep it for sentimental reasons, heh)
An infant sea turtle is actually capable of killing an adult African bull elephant. It does, however, require a substantial amount of surprise.

User Info: J_Applei

J_Applei
3 years ago#2
Are you using a Pokemon with Suction Cups or Sticky Hold as your lead?
I don't give a FAQ.
Applei 3DS: 3737-9612-2086---PM me if you want a free 5IV Goomy Egg~

Reptobismol
3 years ago#3
<________________<

No…

*goes to get one*
An infant sea turtle is actually capable of killing an adult African bull elephant. It does, however, require a substantial amount of surprise.

User Info: neonplanets

neonplanets
3 years ago#4
Brave is a decent nature in game. Aqua jet and might use waterfall too.

Reptobismol
3 years ago#5
I know from talking to him that he wants to pretty much exclusively use Mega Launcher moves, with perhaps the exception of Ice Beam, so he'd really appreciate a +SpAtt nature (he wouldn't insist it be Modest or anything like that, being for an ingame team.)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. damnit shiny Clauncher stop teasing me

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived