This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

damnit shiny Clauncher stop teasing me

#1ReptobismolPosted 12/18/2013 8:16:30 PM
So a pal of mine who intentionally bought the opposite version of me desires a Clauncher for his ingame team. Since they're otherwise extremely easy to come by I figured I'd try to surprise him and use the fishing chain trick to score a shiny.

I hadn't attempted the trick yet, and I don't think I had encountered more than 20 before a shiny one appeared, but upon checking the nature when the streak broke (no nibbles) it was crap, even for ingame.

That first streak went on for a fairly long time, but now when I attempt it in the same spot (Ambrette town beach, that one little square pinched between unfishable spots) I can barely get over a dozen bites of anything before I fish up squat =/

Damn you initial shiny! You made me think this was a feasible endeavor by spoiling me too soon!

(the nature was Brave, and since it's coincidentally my first and presently only shiny in this game, I have to keep it for sentimental reasons, heh)
---
An infant sea turtle is actually capable of killing an adult African bull elephant. It does, however, require a substantial amount of surprise.
#2J_AppleiPosted 12/18/2013 8:18:18 PM
Are you using a Pokemon with Suction Cups or Sticky Hold as your lead?
---
I don't give a FAQ.
Applei 3DS: 3737-9612-2086---PM me if you want a free 5IV Goomy Egg~
#3Reptobismol(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2013 8:20:37 PM
<________________<

No…

*goes to get one*
---
An infant sea turtle is actually capable of killing an adult African bull elephant. It does, however, require a substantial amount of surprise.
#4neonplanetsPosted 12/18/2013 8:20:38 PM
Brave is a decent nature in game. Aqua jet and might use waterfall too.
#5Reptobismol(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2013 8:24:03 PM
I know from talking to him that he wants to pretty much exclusively use Mega Launcher moves, with perhaps the exception of Ice Beam, so he'd really appreciate a +SpAtt nature (he wouldn't insist it be Modest or anything like that, being for an ingame team.)
---