This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Newbie breeding guidance, please

#1ThaLankPosted 12/18/2013 8:38:28 PM
First game since Blue, I haven't managed to figure out breeding. I decided to start with Eevee because it seems like the most bang for the buck. So here's what I have (also, I'm not worried about Egg moves for the time being):

1 Female Eevee, 2 IVs (crappy nature) in a Luxury Ball
3 3IV Eevees (crappy natures)
2 2IV Eevees that also have a 0 in Attack (crappy natures)
4 3IV Dittos (crappy natures)
2 2iv Dittos with good natures. (Timid and Jolly)

Now, it would be preferable to hatch all of the to-be-evolved Eevees in the Luxury ball. But because of how much of a pain it is to get a female, it's not necessary.

I kind of went overboard with keeping anything resembling a quality Eevee. I feel like I could probable get rid of a few of these. I thought that babies inherited 3 IVs from each parent, but I now see I was mistaken.

I had a 3IV Ditto and one of the 2IV Eevees breeding for a while (that's where the 3IV Eevees came from).

So, with all of these, where should I go with my next few steps? Should I go ahead and get the nature I want, or keep trying to pump up the IVs? If the latter, what should I breed and to whom should I give the Destiny Knot?

Thank you all
---
"Already posted? I don't care. Read it again." - BostonRich
[ PSN: BurntGerbil ] : : : : : : : : : : : : [ 3DS: 3926-5778-3961 ]
#2J_AppleiPosted 12/18/2013 8:40:13 PM
It doesn't matter which parent you give the destiny knot to since IVs are randomly chose n between the two parents. Also, you should go for nature first and then breed for IVs because it'll be a pain to get a perfect Eevee and have to breed another one just for the nature, so get that out of the way.
---
I don't give a FAQ.
Applei 3DS: 3737-9612-2086---PM me if you want a free 5IV Goomy Egg~
#3wookieworker89Posted 12/18/2013 8:45:04 PM
What are you trying to breed for?
(which eeveelution? I just got done breeding the lil buggers haha)
---
FC:4527-8507-9518 If you play Pokemon, PM me yours so I can add you.
Flying Safari: Fletchinder, Hoothoot, Pidgey
#4Metal Gear RaxisPosted 12/18/2013 8:46:37 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67604326
---
The Nanoha that you've always admired is an invincible Ace who will not lose to anybody.
#5ThaLank(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2013 8:48:23 PM
J_Applei posted...
It doesn't matter which parent you give the destiny knot to since IVs are randomly chose n between the two parents. Also, you should go for nature first and then breed for IVs because it'll be a pain to get a perfect Eevee and have to breed another one just for the nature, so get that out of the way.

So the know gives 5 IVs total from both parents? All this time I've been thinking that it was 5 from one parent.
---
"Already posted? I don't care. Read it again." - BostonRich
[ PSN: BurntGerbil ] : : : : : : : : : : : : [ 3DS: 3926-5778-3961 ]
#6J_AppleiPosted 12/18/2013 8:50:12 PM
ThaLank posted...
J_Applei posted...

So the know gives 5 IVs total from both parents? All this time I've been thinking that it was 5 from one parent.

Yes, 5 IVs are randomly chosen from both parents so it doesn't matter which one you give it to. For more info like this, see the sticky on breeding perfect Pokemon.
---
I don't give a FAQ.
Applei 3DS: 3737-9612-2086---PM me if you want a free 5IV Goomy Egg~