This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Pokemon Generation Had The Ugliest Pokemon?

#71CakeOfLiesPosted 12/22/2013 5:30:46 AM
john151bacardi posted...
LontaBeans posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Gen 1 had Arcanine and Lapras, so that.

YOU'RE JOKING!? Some of the best designs in Gen 1.

A Lochness monster and a wanna be lion-dog? You call great designs? HAHAHA omg LMFAO LOL

Not just any Lochness monster.
A FAIL Lochness monster.

And Arcanine is hideous too.
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF
#72GolurkcanflyPosted 12/22/2013 5:33:20 AM
bloodmage3 posted...
Rook_the_Ranger posted...
5th gen only really had Mienshao, Zorua, and Serperior that I really liked. There were a few "ok" ones like Samurott.

The rest are just downright hideous. Darumaka, what the **** are you supposed to be even?

This: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daruma_doll

Call it hideous all ye like, that's fine, but it does have a pretty clever design.

I voted gen 4 by the way. I like every gen, but that one had some really big stinkers with Rhyperior, Lickilicky, Magmortar, Probopass, the starters, Toxicroak, Bastiodon, Purugly and quite a few others.
It's probably to blame on the fact that pretty much every ugly Pokemon got an evolution in this gen, thus generating a huge amount of ugly creatures.

Wut.
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
You know why spiders know how to spin webs when they hatch? Because F*** You! That's why.
#73genestealerPosted 12/22/2013 5:57:39 AM
I voted Gen 5, even though it has some really good designs. I think it had the most extreme split between good and bad - they were either really good or extremely bad, with very little in the middle. It didn't exactly help that nothing from earlier generations was available during the main story.

bloodmage3 posted...
I voted gen 4 by the way. I like every gen, but that one had some really big stinkers with Rhyperior, Lickilicky, Magmortar, Probopass, the starters, Toxicroak, Bastiodon, Purugly and quite a few others.
It's probably to blame on the fact that pretty much every ugly Pokemon got an evolution in this gen, thus generating a huge amount of ugly creatures.
Partially agree here, I'm a big fan of the 4th gen, but the one thing I really don't like about it is all the evolutions and baby forms of pokémon from earlier generations it brought. About half of them look downright terrible, while the other half is neutral at best.

But... NOT Toxicroak. Definitely not the starters. Not even Bastiodon.
That's my opinion on it.
---
What if someone has no friends IRL, and they're poor and can't afford a wireless router? "Well, that sounds like a personal problem"
#74Safari_DudePosted 12/22/2013 6:12:44 AM
Toss up between gen 4 and 5. Gen 4 had crap like Magmortar, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Magnezone, Rhyperior, though its starters weren't that bad. Gen 5 suffered from designs like Garbador, Seismitoad, Basculin, Conkeldurr, and Mienshao, and it had some poor looking starters too. I'm gonna say 5.
#75znyrkPosted 12/22/2013 6:50:08 AM
Gen 5 by such a landslide. Every gen had bad one and good ones. gen three was good but was the first to show us what was to come, 4th gen was where it began to go downwards and 5th was just horrible. So many horrible designs and such ugly legendaries, it did have like 20-30 good ones where some had really good designs, deviating from the cute factor, like Gigalith.
---
Friend Code: 0387-9625-1990
Water - Bibarel, Quagsire, Frogadier
#76scaler24Posted 12/22/2013 8:07:03 AM
Gen V has been the only gen where I've hated every starter. That's not a good sign at all.

I will admit that there are some really good designs in there though.
---
Pokemon X FC: 4940-5722-6550
Friend Safari: (Flying) Fletchinder, Swanna, Spearow
#77gunsndrosesPosted 12/22/2013 8:11:16 AM
Gen V's Pokemon were just awful.

In terms of Pokemon design;

1 = 3 > 2 = 6 >> 4 >>>>>> 5.
---
3DS FC: 3153-4286-2384
Pokemon X/Y Friend Safari: Fire; Larvesta, Ponyta, Ninetales
#78AsterixKingPosted 12/22/2013 8:13:06 AM
I'm sure we can find good designs in every gen.

As for ugliest...

The Conkeldurr line truly is hideous, and Musharna is... weird looking... (it's ok Gen V, you had some awesome designs... Reuniclus and the Heartless Chandelier for example...)

Vanilluxe line is silly, and the Garbodor line has those weird expressions... they're rather bleh... but NOT as bad as the Conkeldurr line. I thought Timburr was neat looking... then I caught one I saw what it looked like from behind. Eugh.
---
Eldritch abominations from beyond the edge of the planes are easily intimidated.
However, they can be very intimidating themselves.
#79eeve3lutionPosted 12/22/2013 8:18:13 AM
Gen 1 really had a lot of ugly Pokemon, there are very few designs that I like.
---
3DS FC: 4940 - 5900 - 2307
Safari: Drowzee, Espurr, Gothorita
#80remyz99Posted 12/22/2013 9:09:21 PM
scaler24 posted...
Gen V has been the only gen where I've hated every starter. That's not a good sign at all.

I will admit that there are some really good designs in there though.

True, 5 is the worst because all the starters were so hideous, regardless of other pokemon. Your starter is meant to get you into the game, your meant to take him to the end. I have done this in every gen I have played except 5.

Gen 1: I had a hard time choosing, this is the best gen for starters, i loved all of them (squirtle edges it out though)

Gen 2: Typhlosion and Feraligatr were cool (sorry meganium you were ok).

Gen 3: Mudkip is the best in first form but they are all good, second to worst starters because fully evolved they are ugly, except for sceptile.

Gen 4: I like empoleon and torterra (you don't get a sorry infernape)

Gen 6: Awesome looking starters in early forms and greninja and chesnaught are pretty cool, delphox has grown on me as well.
---
fc 3540-0113-6768