This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Passing down non hidden abilities

#1ThaLankPosted 12/19/2013 2:07:53 AM(edited)
I've tried to research the topic, but everything seems centered on hidden abilities.

When aiming to breed a pokemon with a non hidden ability, does the female need to have the desired ability?

I am trying to breed an Eevee with adaptability, and have only been able to breed females with Run away. Once I started breeding a 4 IV female, I have had 10 Run Away eggs in a row.

The few things I've found say that there should be a 50/50 shot between run away and adaptability, so long as I'm not breeding a female with anticipation. Am I just unlucky or have I listened to a bad source?

Edit: the 10 RA eggs were bred with a male with adaptability and the RA female (the female had an everstone)*
---
"Already posted? I don't care. Read it again." - BostonRich
[ PSN: BurntGerbil ] : : : : : : : : : : : : [ 3DS: 3926-5778-3961 ]
#2CharizardFirePosted 12/19/2013 2:08:42 AM
The mother doesn't have to have the desired ability, but it's helpful, since the offspring will have an 80% chance of inheriting her ability.

Why are you trying for an Adaptability Eevee anyway? All of its evolved forms have only one regular ability.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
Brian | FC: 0860-3353-5697 | Ice: Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong | TSV: 3630
#3MysterPixelPosted 12/19/2013 2:10:37 AM(edited)
If the mother has a regular ability, then the offspring has an 80% chance of having that ability and a 20% chance of getting the other ability. (Of course if that pokemon can only have one regular ability then it gets it 100% of the time).

If the mother has a hidden ability, the offspring has a 60% chance of getting that ability and a 20% chance for each of the regular abilities (or 40% chance if there is only one regular ability).

If your mother Eevee has Run Away then 80% of the eggs will also have Run Away.