This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

They should either nerf fairy types or get rid of it all together.

#61ZaharadinePosted 12/21/2013 7:22:28 PM
Despite being the "fairy" type, they're more based on fae in general.

Fire to Blind, Music to Dazzle, Iron to Bind. The words are directly from Jordan's Wheel of Time series dealing with the Finn, but they're traditional fae wards. Elves are fae as well in most mythologies and stories, and the poison weakness comes stories such as Tolkien's Middle Earth setting - since his elves are immortal, poison cannot kill them, but it can leave them crippled, infirm, and in pain for the rest of their existence, this is what prompted Elrond's wife to take the ship out of Middle Earth. Traditionally, bugs also never really bite or bother fae.

The type pretty much makes sense from a fantasy/mythology viewpoint, except for the dragon immunity. That part only makes sense since they were trying to deliberately balance the type. Don;t be surprised if we ever get a sound type, and it resists or is SE against fairy.
#62The NamekianPosted 12/21/2013 7:33:26 PM
Golden Nirvana posted...
ILiekFroakiez posted...
ALL types have advantages over each other

Except Normal?

My Return Mega Kangaskhan disagrees. =) Instead of "It's Super Effective!", I see "It's Super Broken!"
---
Pokemon X - 3DS Friend code/name: 3351-4322-5216 / eli
PKMN Name: CapnKrunk. Poison Safari: Cascoon, Ariados, Whirlipede
#63FryDays5000Posted 12/21/2013 7:50:37 PM
Zaharadine posted...
Despite being the "fairy" type, they're more based on fae in general.

Fire to Blind, Music to Dazzle, Iron to Bind. The words are directly from Jordan's Wheel of Time series dealing with the Finn, but they're traditional fae wards. Elves are fae as well in most mythologies and stories, and the poison weakness comes stories such as Tolkien's Middle Earth setting - since his elves are immortal, poison cannot kill them, but it can leave them crippled, infirm, and in pain for the rest of their existence, this is what prompted Elrond's wife to take the ship out of Middle Earth. Traditionally, bugs also never really bite or bother fae.

The type pretty much makes sense from a fantasy/mythology viewpoint, except for the dragon immunity. That part only makes sense since they were trying to deliberately balance the type. Don;t be surprised if we ever get a sound type, and it resists or is SE against fairy.

I hope Sound would be SE on Rock too.
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC: 0645-6947-9076 Steel Safari:Ferroseed,Fortress, and Klefki
#64theF2007Posted 12/21/2013 7:51:16 PM
my problem with fairy type is it being super effective on dark types im just glad greninja is fast and has protean.
---
Gamertag: VacuousMike SV 3933
#65ColtCababaPosted 12/21/2013 7:55:16 PM
darealest47 posted...
So they make dragon types weaker but fairy types stay strong? GameFreak if you're reading this then you need to correctly balance out the types so one type doesn't have an edge over the other.

Why would Game Freak care what an unconcerning rant on a message board contains?

That said, if you seriously struggle with Fairy types so much, you are a horrible player.
---
Did you know that cashews come from a fruit?
3DS FC: 2964-8611-5412 | FS: Spheal, Bergmite, Dewgong
#66CountPopeulaPosted 12/21/2013 7:55:49 PM
Why do I have a feeling that the basis of this complaints is basically "c'mon, it's a freaking dragon! It shouldn't lose to a dumb little fairy!"

Dragon was really in need of a a hard counter. It was poorly designed, because overall balance wasn't a huge concern in the early days of Pokemon. It was okay to have a type with one weakness that nothing resists because there was only one dragon-type pokemon. In Gen II they added a second Dragon type and had Dragon-type moves. While dragon was always weak to itself, there were no dragon-type moves in Gen I that weren't fixed damage. They also added a new type that resisted Dragon-type attacks.

So dragon attacks were only strong to one thing, and they were only resisted by one thing. But there are only two dragon type pokemon, and that's fine.

The problem is that Gen III, IV and V added a lot of Dragon types. Instead of 2, there were 17. And they were mostly monsters with huge base stats and move pools.

The battle subway trick really shined a light on this. You have your truant Durant and your Whimsicot to cripple the opponent, but then what do you use to finish them off with? A Dragon type with only one attacking move, Dragon Claw. True, it's against the AI, but the guy who devised that strategy racked up like 700+ wins with it without a loss. Part of the reason it's harder to pull off this gen is that your Dragonite needs a second attacking move, so it can't have Substitute.

Fairy was a type that was created entirely in response to the metagame. It's strong against the most common types and weak to the least common types. Except for reason fairy attacks are weak against Fire and not Ice, that was a bit of a miss.
---
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
#67IceCooleyPosted 12/21/2013 8:05:51 PM
The lack of Florges in this topic makes me sad. Pretty good fairy imo.
---
FC: 3239-2826-3012; Trainer Name: Antonio; FS: Snover, Sneasel, and Cloyster
#68RenaliaPosted 12/21/2013 8:07:38 PM
hyjinx17 posted...
Renalia posted...
My two problems with Fairy:

1: Bug resist. Bug didn't need anymore resists, thank you very much.

2: SE against Dark. Dark is supposed to counter Psychics but they gave the good Psychics access to Dazzling Gleam or Disarming Voice which just screws over the Dark type to do the one thing that they were really built to do.

So then the problem you have isn't with fairy being super effective against Dark, it's the distribution of fairy moves.

Honestly I think it's better this way. I like that most Dragons have access to a steel or poison type that allows them to beat fairies if their trainers predict correctly.

I think it's better when a type that is weak to something can still beat it if their trainer is smart enough.

True, being a fan of the dark type I should be happy with the steel change, but oh well.

I still don't think bug needed the hit though.
---
Normal? If we're all freaks and you're normal, you're the freak. - Roger, CRFH
Playing: Pokemon Y, Diablo III (360), Skyrim.