This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Possible way to change gender ratio in breeding?

#1znyrkPosted 12/21/2013 9:01:09 PM
So this is purely speculation but I have been breeding the last couple of days and I noticed something now. I have had a female Aerodactyl with a ditto because stupid me thought pressure was its hidden ability and I hadn't read proper up on the subject. I kept getting two or one female almost in every batch of five eggs although the ratio is strongly in the favor of males. Then I changed out the ditto with a male and the females stopped, probably five batches without a single female. Then I changed the female out with a ditto once I realized I didn't need it for pressure and the very first batch gave me two females and now I'm on the second one and the first egg was female. Now this may be a coincidence, luck or general knowledge but I just wanted to share this in case of anyhow.
---
Friend Code: 0387-9625-1990
Water - Bibarel, Quagsire, Frogadier
#2DKU_ArichPosted 12/21/2013 9:02:19 PM
It's luck. I've gotten 5 female Torchic in the same batch of eggs before with two parents of the same.
---
3DS friend code = 2320-7567-3830
#3znyrk(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 9:11:42 PM
Yeah I would believe someone else would have discovered it before me if this was the case, the strangest thing this exact thing happened with my previous breeding of Eevees...
---
Friend Code: 0387-9625-1990
Water - Bibarel, Quagsire, Frogadier
#4XavuuPosted 12/21/2013 9:12:57 PM
I don't think there's any way to prove it, but it could be true.
---
STAB Quick Attack. Staraptor.
#5CountPopeulaPosted 12/21/2013 9:14:52 PM
What you described was general probability. Flip a coin 100 times and write down the results in order. You'll probably have long, almost Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead level runs where it comes up heads or tails ten or twenty times in a row.
---
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire