This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

a few quick questions regarding shiny chaining

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. a few quick questions regarding shiny chaining

User Info: Neo_Link1987

Neo_Link1987
3 years ago#1
So long as I don't leave the grass and I continue to encounter the same pokemon, the chain is continuing right? Now, once I hit 40 chain, do I just start spamming the pokeradar and hope for shiny grass to show up because I managed to reach a 40 chain but couldn't find shiny grass, so I continued to encounter grass patches until my chain broke. Thanks in advance.
Breakfast!

User Info: Wallydraigle

Wallydraigle
3 years ago#2
Yeah, once you hit 40 stop going into non-shiny patches and wait for the shine.
FC: 1091-8436-2422 munna espurr gothorita

User Info: JRxHawks

JRxHawks
3 years ago#3
FALSE! A shiny patch won't automatically show up :( you need to keep going with the chain until you find a shiny poke, OR a shiny patch, you can have chains of 70 and not find one < happened to me :(
IGN Auggie 0232-8831-0722

User Info: Wallydraigle

Wallydraigle
3 years ago#4
JRxHawks posted...
FALSE! A shiny patch won't automatically show up :( you need to keep going with the chain until you find a shiny poke, OR a shiny patch, you can have chains of 70 and not find one < happened to me :(

Don't listen to this guy unless you want to get a chain of 70 and not find a shiny like he did. Just get your chain to 40, then keep resetting the radar until you get the shiny patch.
FC: 1091-8436-2422 munna espurr gothorita

User Info: Neo_Link1987

Neo_Link1987
3 years ago#5
I know that 40 was the cap, I just wasn't sure if I had to continue encountering or just keep using the radar. I'm not gonna keep counting after 40, that's just pointless. Thanks for the help though
Breakfast!

User Info: alex1_2_3_4_5

alex1_2_3_4_5
3 years ago#6
Wallydraigle posted...
JRxHawks posted...

Don't listen to this guy unless you want to get a chain of 70 and not find a shiny like he did. Just get your chain to 40, then keep resetting the radar until you get the shiny patch.

This.
Black 2 FC: 0605 5786 7352
Y FC: 3840 6857 4555
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. a few quick questions regarding shiny chaining

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived