This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do power items really work like this?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do power items really work like this?

User Info: BlitzTHedgehog

BlitzTHedgehog
3 years ago#1
I'm currently breeding Pawniard, and just for the option, I wanted to breed the one I had with a Kadabra with Psycho Cut. The Kadabra had perfect Attack and Defense, but 0 Speed. The Pawniard had perfect Speed. I didn't yet have the nature I wanted, so I put the Power Anklet on Pawniard and the Power Bracer on Kadabra.

I only bothered breeding one egg, and when I went to check on the new hatchling it had perfect Attack, but Speed was 0. How did it inherit both IVs from Kadabra if I had the Anklet on Pawniard?
FC 4725-8215-0096

User Info: InfamousCarl

InfamousCarl
3 years ago#2
Because only one power item works. It picked which one at random, I think, but it'll definitely only use one power item. 2 other IV are randomly picked from the parents, just so happened the 0 speed was one of them.

User Info: BlitzTHedgehog

BlitzTHedgehog
3 years ago#3
InfamousCarl posted...
Because only one power item works. It picked which one at random, I think, but it'll definitely only use one power item. 2 other IV are randomly picked from the parents, just so happened the 0 speed was one of them.

Ah! Now that I did not know! I just figured that since neither had many perfects I'd just use a power item on both. Guess I'll try something different then, thanks!
FC 4725-8215-0096
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do power items really work like this?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived