This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do power items really work like this?

#1BlitzTHedgehogPosted 12/22/2013 6:12:14 PM
I'm currently breeding Pawniard, and just for the option, I wanted to breed the one I had with a Kadabra with Psycho Cut. The Kadabra had perfect Attack and Defense, but 0 Speed. The Pawniard had perfect Speed. I didn't yet have the nature I wanted, so I put the Power Anklet on Pawniard and the Power Bracer on Kadabra.

I only bothered breeding one egg, and when I went to check on the new hatchling it had perfect Attack, but Speed was 0. How did it inherit both IVs from Kadabra if I had the Anklet on Pawniard?
---
FC 4725-8215-0096
#2InfamousCarlPosted 12/22/2013 6:14:38 PM
Because only one power item works. It picked which one at random, I think, but it'll definitely only use one power item. 2 other IV are randomly picked from the parents, just so happened the 0 speed was one of them.
#3BlitzTHedgehog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2013 6:16:25 PM
InfamousCarl posted...
Because only one power item works. It picked which one at random, I think, but it'll definitely only use one power item. 2 other IV are randomly picked from the parents, just so happened the 0 speed was one of them.

Ah! Now that I did not know! I just figured that since neither had many perfects I'd just use a power item on both. Guess I'll try something different then, thanks!
---
FC 4725-8215-0096