This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Breeding is the devil...

#1KirynTheClericPosted 12/23/2013 9:31:28 AM
I'm trying to breed Dratinis with Marvel Scale and IVs in HP, Defense, Sp Atk, Sp Def, and Speed.

I keep getting 5 IV Dratinis that either have the right IVs but the wrong ability or for some reason perfect IVs in everything but Speed even though neither parent has a perfect Attack IV.

I'm going about this the right way, right? Everstone/DK are held of course.

Parent 1
Marvel Scale
IVs: HP, Defense, Sp Atk, Sp Def

Parent 2
Marvel Scale
IVs: Hp, Defense, Sp Atk, Speed

I'd breed the 5 IV (proper IVs, not the Attack ones) Dratinis with a 4 IV Marvel Scale one, but every single one ends up being female and apparently the ability is heavily weighted towards the female parent's... :/
---
LoL/GW2 IGN: Zebraoracle
Gamefaqs: Where mods are allowed to break rules
#2Chaosmaster00Posted 12/23/2013 9:33:18 AM
It's not "heavily weighted towards" the female: only the female decides the ability in non-Ditto breeding, but it only matters in the cases of Hidden Abilities, otherwise, it's just simply more likely you'll get the ability of the mother, but if you're tyring to pass HA, the mother HAS to have it in non-Ditto mating pairs.
---
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | PKMN X - Trainer Sapphire - TSV: 401
Friend Safari: Fire; Growlithe, Braixen, Charmeleon
#3KirynTheCleric(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2013 9:36:58 AM
I've had males pass Hidden Abilities in non-Ditto pairings.
---
#4Chaosmaster00Posted 12/23/2013 9:49:32 AM
You must be hallucinating, or mistaking the reality of a "Hidden Ability": some pokemon have two normal abilities AND a HA, and can juggle between the two normals endlessly in a non-Ditto pair. When Ditto is involved, males can pass their HA to offspring, but as soon as a female gets involve, his abilities stop mattering entirely. If the female does not have the HA, the offspring will never have it.
---
#5KirynTheCleric(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2013 9:51:50 AM
FINALLY got one with the right ability and IVs, AND another with 5 IVs but in Attack instead of Speed. :|
---
#6PokebaldyPosted 12/23/2013 9:52:20 AM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
You must be hallucinating, or mistaking the reality of a "Hidden Ability": some pokemon have two normal abilities AND a HA, and can juggle between the two normals endlessly in a non-Ditto pair. When Ditto is involved, males can pass their HA to offspring, but as soon as a female gets involve, his abilities stop mattering entirely. If the female does not have the HA, the offspring will never have it.

TC is right I think. I heard in this gen the Male affects HA passing to offspring too
---
Pokemon X: 2122-6907-1784 IGN:Sleepy
Destroy the world through devastation.
#7Chaosmaster00Posted 12/23/2013 9:57:09 AM
http://www.serebii.net/xy/breeding.shtml

Hidden Abilities
The most notable change is that Hidden Abilities, which previous required you to have the mother with the Hidden Ability, can now be bred without the mother having it. If the father has got the Hidden Ability, there is a small chance that the offspring will also have their Hidden Ability. However, this only works if you are breeding with a Ditto. This is even more useful considering Hidden Abilities are more easily found via Hordes and Friend Safari.

---
#8KirynTheCleric(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2013 9:58:34 AM
It's in the stickied breeding topic as well, it says it's weighted towards the female.

Plus I googled it to make sure I wasn't crazy and the results are that apparently it's new to this generation that males can pass HAs, but it's a much lower chance (which explains why the HA father passed the HA to one Dratini in a batch of five).
---
#9Chaosmaster00Posted 12/23/2013 10:00:53 AM
I dunno, I put my faith in Serebii, as it has yet to fail me in any of my endeavors.
---
#10KirynTheCleric(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2013 10:02:23 AM
Well there's no way for me to actually prove it to you outside of other people chiming in, so there's really no point in discussing it. Haha

That wasn't the point of this topic anyways ^^
---