This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hurricane or Boomburst?

#1RaltriosPosted 12/24/2013 1:56:59 AM
Infiltrator Switcheroo Noivern. On the one hand, Boomburst is powerful and has perfect accuracy. On the other, Hurricane has STAB and a confusion chance, with better super-effective coverage.
Other moves are Flamethrower and Draco Meteor.

What do.
---
3DS FC: 3050 - 7604 - 7991 Friend Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
#2LightningAce11Posted 12/24/2013 1:58:57 AM
Hurricane, since you have infiltrator
---
"I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!" - Heisenberg
#3kai013Posted 12/24/2013 2:00:07 AM
Raltrios posted...
Infiltrator Switcheroo Noivern. On the one hand, Boomburst is powerful and has perfect accuracy. On the other, Hurricane has STAB and a confusion chance, with better super-effective coverage.

What do.

I'd rather Hurricane over boomburst, there are fighting types that can stone edge this dude. You'll just have to have your heart skip a beat everytime you use Hurricane x'D
#4UmuruPosted 12/24/2013 2:01:46 AM
kai013 posted...
Raltrios posted...

What do.

I'd rather Hurricane over boomburst, there are fighting types that can stone edge this dude. You'll just have to have your heart skip a beat everytime you use Hurricane x'D

Unless you find a chance to make it rain beforehand, anyway...
---
3DS FC: 5370-0398-2889
#5kai013Posted 12/24/2013 2:03:30 AM
Umuru posted...
kai013 posted...
Raltrios posted...

What do.

if you plan to have a rain dance pokemon :|
#6bwebber17Posted 12/24/2013 2:04:12 AM
U-Turn
---
FC: 4785-5576-2079
#7UmuruPosted 12/24/2013 2:05:32 AM
kai013 posted...
Umuru posted...
kai013 posted...
Raltrios posted...

What do.

if you plan to have a rain dance pokemon :|

70% accuracy is way too risky for a move choice otherwise, at least in my opinion.
---
3DS FC: 5370-0398-2889
#8Raltrios(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2013 2:08:39 AM
Hurricane seems the popular choice. I wanted to try out the pseudo-signature move, but I've got Chatot for that, too.

While I'm at it...for Dragonite, I like having Thunderpunch for annoying Azumarills, while most sets have Fire Punch. I could take both, but it would cost me my priority in Aqua Jet, though it's usually weaker than Dragon Claw even if Super Effective.
So which is more important? SE coverage in Fire Punch, priority in Aqua Jet, or Multiscale maintenance in Roost?
---
3DS FC: 3050 - 7604 - 7991 Friend Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
#9KeyserVancePosted 12/24/2013 2:12:19 AM
I ended up using the following:

Weakness Policy
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Roost

It gets walled by Togekiss, but it's done very well in the Maison.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3110-5068-2757
Grass type Friend Safari with Sunkern, Petilil, and Maractus
#10Ku-Ri-BohPosted 12/24/2013 2:18:41 AM
Wtf i googled exactly what the title says minutes ago and didn't know this was recent till i saw this in first page
---
3DS FC: 2449-4661-4119