This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is anyone else kinda sad that Mega Evolutions...

#1MindwalkerXPosted 12/25/2013 7:02:13 PM
might end up taking away the possibilities of real evolutions?

Of course i'm not talking about every pokemon, but at least to some of them.

Banette, Mawlie and Absol imo, all had potential to get a real evolutions, in Banette's case, his Mega Form model would be really cool as an evolution itself.

And before people say gen IV and all that stuff...it's subjective.
---
There is much to be done.
White FC: 3697 9203 9465 3DS FC: 3024 5230 7246(feel free to add, let me know though).
#2dr_burger92Posted 12/25/2013 7:05:01 PM
I liked when gen 4 brought in a bunch of new evolutions for older pokemon who coulda used them. But there were a fair amount of people who didn't, and felt like those spots were better used for new pokemon.
---
FC: 2664-2858-8812-----Steam ID: viewtiful_objection
Are you seriously asking if something is stupid about an economy made up out of hats?
#3PentaoPosted 12/25/2013 7:07:33 PM
A bit, yeah.

But I like the design of a lot of Mega Evolutions, and a lot of things they chose to mega evolve did look pretty much done evolving (like Pinsir, Manectric and Houndoom). Of course that's subjective but eh.
---
"Religion keeps pressing B when we try to evolve." - pirategeorge"
[3DS FC: 1934-0673-9848 (Pentao)]
#4warnerbromanPosted 12/25/2013 7:10:08 PM
add life orb to any of them.....NO.
---
1478 4237 6903 Xavier
Flying....you can't stop staring can you?
#5DragonDeoxysPosted 12/25/2013 7:11:19 PM
Those pokemon were never intended to be provided with a regular evolution, they would have done it by now if that was the case. And considering how the Mega Evolution drastically changes those 3 mediocre pokemon into very good pokemon, I can only say that this was for the best. Mega Mawile has the highest attack stat in the game thanks to pure power.
---
3DS FC: 3652-0570-8922
Fire Safari including Ninetales.
#6epy0nkaruPosted 12/25/2013 7:14:27 PM
warnerbroman posted...

with a lot of megas you can now give a life orb to many other pokemon
and some megas, like abomasnow, are amazing

though i think mega abomasnow should have been a regular evo
---
please forgive me, I'm typing this on my phone possibly and so i'm very typo prone
#7DragonDeoxysPosted 12/25/2013 7:19:12 PM
warnerbroman posted...

Honestly, using the "can't have life orb" argument is such a lame and petty way to try to undermine a Mega Evolution's utility, specially when ignoring the boons they receive in order to make up for the lack of item. Mega Mawile doesn't need a life orb and several pokemon don't appreciate the health loss.
---
#8MindwalkerX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2013 7:21:40 PM
DragonDeoxys posted...
Those pokemon were never intended to be provided with a regular evolution, they would have done it by now if that was the case. And considering how the Mega Evolution drastically changes those 3 mediocre pokemon into very good pokemon, I can only say that this was for the best. Mega Mawile has the highest attack stat in the game thanks to pure power.

But that's the thing, those Pokemons could've been better without the necessity of Mega-Evolution, giving more solid options to use them, Venosaur is a strong mega-evolution, but he can be good on his own right as well, and mega is limited to one, so if you decided to use them on the same team, only one would be decent while the others would stay underwhelming.
---
There is much to be done.
White FC: 3697 9203 9465 3DS FC: 3024 5230 7246(feel free to add, let me know though).
#9Gogito4Posted 12/25/2013 7:25:03 PM
MindwalkerX posted...
DragonDeoxys posted...

But that's the thing, those Pokemons could've been better without the necessity of Mega-Evolution, giving more solid options to use them, Venosaur is a strong mega-evolution, but he can be good on his own right as well, and mega is limited to one, so if you decided to use them on the same team, only one would be decent while the others would stay underwhelming.

I agree that stuff like Mawile should have gotten a real evo, Veinsaur should NEVER get a REAL evo. That would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too broken.
---
Tales of Xillia... here I come!
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#10DragonDeoxysPosted 12/25/2013 7:35:18 PM
MindwalkerX posted...
DragonDeoxys posted...

It could have, yes. Either way, I'm satisfied that those pokemon got what they got and are out of the garbage having their time to shine in the spotlight.
---