This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is anyone else kinda sad that Mega Evolutions...

#11MegaMage3003Posted 12/25/2013 8:47:07 PM
Rhyperior and Dusknoir should've been Mega Evolutions. Maybe Electivire and Magmortar too...
#12Master_CaosPosted 12/25/2013 8:47:57 PM
I agree with this, i was hoping for some pokemon like mawile and absol to get a new evolution. After i learned they were going mega i was like well that's really good, but at the same time, now there is no posibility for them to get an actual evolution, and will stay forever as "only usable if going to mega evolve"
#13MM125Posted 12/25/2013 8:56:51 PM
The existence of Evolite kinda did that. When GF adds new evolutions they usually try to justify why it couldn't be done in previous generations. So an item that boosts the stats of all NFE Pokémon means that no Pokémon can ever again be retconned as NFE.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#14CosmoKramer4700Posted 12/27/2013 7:02:38 PM
Eh, that's as slippery of a slope as trying to explain why new pokemon are only known within the game world when a new generation comes out. The truth is no one would actually care if a new evolution was possible in a new game due to the presence of a new item or even new conditions for evolution as was the case in Gen 4 with Leafeon and Glaceon.

I wasn't big on all the new evos in gen 4.

That said, I feel like most of the mega evos should've just been completely new pokemon / full evolutions.

Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Houndoom, Pinsir, Mawile, Banette, Absol, Heracross, Medicham, Abomasnow, Manectric, Scizor, and Lucario all look like completely different pokemon. They're as different as any other evolution, so honestly, I would have just made them full evolutions.

I actually would've even made the 4th stage pokemon completely separate in name and number. Just treat them like legendaries.
---
Gutalala Sudalala
ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS! - The Great Pirate, Edward Newgate "Whitebeard"
#15felicaPosted 12/27/2013 7:08:01 PM
The idea of Megas are brilliant. Giving megas to the likes of Mawile/Houndoom/Pinsir and Charizard and make them viable is amazing.

But when u give megas to the likes of Gengar/Scizor/Lucario and Mewtwo. That is where we have a problem. Where is my mega faretched? Mega Golduck? Mega Ledyba??
---
Patiently waiting for Stick of Truth/Watchdogs/KH3-UMvC3 team Spencer/Dorm/Sentinel XBL-Phillyrider8072 3DS FC-1392-5237-1969 TSV-2787 IGN-Evan