This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Before the release of HG/SS many people were skeptical about gen2 remakes

#1TaiphlosionPosted 12/26/2013 4:07:32 PM
just saying
---
I'm tired of everyone I know, of everyone I see, on the streets and on TV.
#2nskyliner34Posted 12/26/2013 4:08:54 PM
It was impossible to trade gen2 pokemon though but ya I think a gen3 remake still would be great.
---
"They laugh at me because im different...but i laugh at them because there all the same"
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 12/26/2013 4:10:21 PM
Yeah, but I'm expecting them.
See, back in January last year, I thought the big announcement would be Hoenn remakes. I was wrong.
Fairy type was speculated. I didn't believe in it. I was wrong.
Starter types were speculated to be Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark. I disagreed. I was wrong.
A fanart of a possible Froakie evolution was all over the internet. I thought that was real and Greninja was fake. I was wrong yet again.
I actually didn't think that Pokemon Bank would crash. I was wrong... AGAIN.

I believe Hoenn remakes are coming eventually. I'm sorry guys.
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF
#4kirbydude385Posted 12/26/2013 4:12:33 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
See, back in January last year, I thought the big announcement would be Hoenn remakes. I was wrong.
Starter types were speculated to be Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark. I disagreed. I was wrong.
A fanart of a possible Froakie evolution was all over the internet. I thought that was real and Greninja was fake. I was wrong yet again.

Starter types were speculated to be Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting more than what actually happened.

Though I agree with most of your guesses (I was more on the fence about Greninja and I wasn't surprised Bank crashed)
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous
#5ClownRoyalPosted 12/26/2013 4:24:56 PM
CakeOfLies posted...

Just because you were wrong, doesn't mean you caused the other incidents to be wrong.

Gen 3 will receive remakes at some point in the future. It's all about money, and remaking Gen 3 means a lot of easy money for GameFreak and Nintendo.
#6kingjam1Posted 12/26/2013 4:54:53 PM
All Gen 3 Pokemon are obtainable in Gen 4,5 and 6 main series games.
Colloseum and XD are not main series games.

Gen 3 remakes will probably happen because Game Freak see an opportunity to make easy money out of their gullible fans.
---
Can't think of anything
#7ShyvanaPosted 12/26/2013 4:56:02 PM
Didn't the same thing happen in X/Y happen in Platinum?

Like, the NPCs in Platinum were talking/hinting about GSC remakes or something.
---
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9412/comeatmebro1.png
didn't america win the civil war? - lunarknight64 (Posted 11/10/2009 3:15:32 PM)
#8massifbeefPosted 12/26/2013 4:56:33 PM
I'd buy it simply for the fact of nostalgia.
---
My signature? I'd be happy to... NOT TELL YOU!
#9ozza000Posted 12/26/2013 5:01:42 PM
I am expecting them. I actually thought they might have been coming after gen 5. Though gen 6 actually makes more sense. Graphics have moved on sufficiently that they could blow away Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald's graphics.

I also think most people miss one of the ideas behind remaking the games. Part of it is surely that Pokemon picks up new young fans every generation. Gen 3 happened around 10 years ago now. Yes a lot of people who played then are still playing, but an even bigger number of people probably haven't played gen 3.
---
Ozza - 3969-5033-8014 - Krabby, Floatzel, Poliwhirl
#10sonOFestarkPosted 12/26/2013 5:07:08 PM
CakeOfLies posted...

I vaguely remember you posting about a lot of that, oh my, lol, nostalgasm for the Gen 6 hype period.
---
3DS FC: 0087-2520-6557
Fire-type Safari: Pansear, Charmeleon, Braixen