This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Before the release of HG/SS many people were skeptical about gen2 remakes

#21Taiphlosion(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2013 6:03:24 PM
Tempestuous_Sea posted...
drill bees posted...
kingjam1 posted...
All Gen 3 Pokemon are obtainable in Gen 4,5 and 6 main series games.

Main reason I don't think those remakes will show up

I believe everything in the Johto dex, bar Celebi, was obtainable without HG/SS.

Even celebi was obtainable before HG/SS. You can get one in colosseum.
---
I'm tired of everyone I know, of everyone I see, on the streets and on TV.
#22Xenesis XenonPosted 12/26/2013 6:04:16 PM
Taiphlosion posted...
Even celebi was obtainable before HG/SS. You can get one in colosseum.

Nah, you can get it if you have a Japanese pre-order Bonus disc and Japanese Colosseum.

Being pre-wifi, it was unavailable to the rest of the world, essentially.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#23banjo kazooiePosted 12/26/2013 6:08:27 PM
drill bees posted...
kingjam1 posted...

I believe everything in the Johto dex, bar Celebi, was obtainable without HG/SS.

This. I seem to recall, however, that Ho-oh and Lugia were considered to be event Pokemon for the purposes of Pokedex completion in Gen III and D/P/P, and the only titles they could be obtained from were the GC ones; they even had an event location like Deoxys and Mew in FR/LG/E.
---
That's strange because reading it gave me Shonen level powers, a spiked hair cut, and Lupus. - SwordMasterEX
#24keybladesrusPosted 12/26/2013 6:22:19 PM
EmperorZangoose posted...
ozza000 posted...
The thing with this idea that Gen 3 games can connect with Gen 6 while strictly true, isn't really true for people that have joined the series recently. Any fans that have joined since around gen 5 won't have the games, won't probably have the resources to even play the games, and is probably young so isn't going to go on ebay and buy a 10 year old game just to get a feel for it.

I also wonder how many players even with the resources to do that are legitimately trading their Pokemon all the way from back in gen 3 into gen 6.

Although this is true, be honest, how many people who joined after Gen 3 will actually care about playing Gen 3? How many people that joined the Final Fantasy series at or after 7 have actually played the older ones? My guess is about 10%, and that 10% probably consists mostly of adults, since most kids have the mentality of "anything that came out before my first one is just "old s***" and I can easily see the same being true of Pokemon fans.

Personally I will be trading the same Blaziken, Kyogre, Rayquaza and Misdreavus that I got legitimately in Gen 3 as a kid over to Gen 6 on launch day solely for nostalgia purposes and also to see if the team I used as a kid will be able to stand up against the competitive IV/EV/Nature bred teams that are common today. Of course, I will be keeping the random EVs, stupid moves and lack of items that I thought were the perfectly fine as a kid too, at least for a while anyway.

I can only speak for myself. Ruby was my first Pokemon game (though I had liked the anime ever since it first came out. What can I say? I was young and couldn't tell the difference between gold and crap.) But when I finished Ruby, I actively hunted down all the games I could find. I traded my watch (lol) for Yellow, don't remember how I got Red, traded Ruby for Sapphire, got Silver from my cousin, got FR for some holiday, played through my cousin's LG, got Emerald for my birthday, and got Blue from some random old lady at Walmart. I didn't care about the age of the game, I just wanted MORE.

And that's the thing about Pokemon. While the games have evolved quite a lot, they are still the same at their core. Pokemon now basically plays just like Pokemon back then. Sure, there's been changes, but not much a kid would care about. I didn't care about not having Abilities in gen 1 & 2. I didn't even know the physical/special split was a thing until gen 5. IVs and EVs might as well have not even existed for all I cared.

While I'm sure plenty of kids have the "old s***" mentality, I'm sure just as many would absolutely DEVOUR anything Pokemon that they could get their hands on. Remakes of gen 3 would attract both crowds. "Old s***" fans would see it as a new game as it would comply to modern standards, and the others would get a chance to check out the beautiful Hoenn region for themselves (made even prettier for 3DS). Also, series vets would be able to replay the games with modern mechanics.

I honestly don't understand why people are against the idea. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Why should the fans who DO want it not get it?
---
"My favorite color of poop is seven." - Seanbaby, cracked.com
The Official Nox of the Kingdom Hearts 3 Board
#25Great_ReapettePosted 12/26/2013 6:29:05 PM
Do remember that FRLG included many, many references to Johto (notably, Koga's daughter (erroneously translated as Charine) and the scientist at Five Island mentioning Silver (albeit he was not known to be Giovanni's son at the time)), far more than to Hoenn. On the other hand, Hoenn's been getting about the same amount of attention as the other gens, in-game.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for the rest of the day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#26drill beesPosted 12/26/2013 6:44:49 PM
drill bees posted...
kingjam1 posted...

I also think the later DS designs starting to phaze out the GBA port also had an impact on this as well. Then there's Colosseum and those obscure GBA/GCN cables that virtually no other GCN games used.
---
Nintendo Network ID: db-132
#27LaManoNeraIIPosted 12/26/2013 6:46:22 PM
What a horrible waste of resources a Gen 3 remake would be

Why would you not want new content and features and why would you want to replay a game with less Pokemon? I'd much rather have X/Y 2. I probably would not buy remakes.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009